Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Saturday Morning 5/20/23

576 Views 30 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  45tajjat45
56° here in Upstate NY under overcast skies this morning, the high temperature will be going up to about 68°. It will be a cloudy day with a 9 to 11 mph wind and a 30% for some rain showers.

Yesterday I was on the road in the morning and then in the afternoon i got my yard mowed. Today I am trying to decide if I want to go fishing this morning or not, I am somewhat tired from the week. If I decide to go, I will head "Up Home" in a while.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Mornin boys...
63 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Didn't do much yesterday but work on some brass Doug R gave us at the BBB. Probably do the same today. Did tumble my 6 ppc brass and sized it. Going to try and figure out something with it. Think GrayFox may have told me what's wrong with it. Think they say we may get rain today. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie
Reactions: 4
Good real Saturday morning 55 going to 65 with light rain now. My computer for some reason wouldn't let me on the board yesterday till late in the day. Friday, the little Ruger reached out and kissed a good-sized groundhog, about 70 yards from the deck. Yesterday its bigger brother was gone before I could out the door. Make it a good day my friends. Prayers to all and country. Mike
46 with lots of clouds here to begin the weekend. Rain coming around noon for the balance of the day, headed up to low 60's. Around 2" expected, maybe more. It can rain now, I finished off moving my firewood and cleaning up all the loose bark and junk around the racks. No more driving across that area until I start refilling racks in February or so.
Today I'm going fishing for a while I hope. See if I can find some big bluegill to toss in the cooler. Or maybe I'll just rip a few lips and dig some fillets out of the freezer.

Speaking of fishing, Charlie says he's got a gun drawing today. I think he's fibbing; he's been working on his boat and I think I read something about rod holders. Here's his new boat on a test run yesterday he took on the sly. He wants us to think he's working hard at the ol' computer and around his house.
Water Sky Flowerpot Lake Cloud

I hope everybody has an enjoyable weekend.
Ken
See less See more
  • Haha
Good morning from Greeley where it's 57 and cloudy, well heavy smoke haze. About 72 later. The smoke is so thick we cannot see the mountains RMNP is 35 miles west. This year is the first time since 2016 that we have not had rain or snow this weekend.

Getting around is a hassle, without Google it would be impossible.
Heading out to the show this morning looking for treasures.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday,
Ken
Good morning folks. It's 54 here and they say going into the 70s, with rain later. Much later I hope. All day gun drawing that's outside will not be fun in cold and rain.

I got the yard mowed yesterday so that's off my lost for this weekend. Not sure what I'll get into tomorrow? Have a graduation party in the afternoon we may go to.

Ken, that's a little excessive, don't you think? I'm only half as bad.

Well I need to get ready. Coffee first. Have a good one.

Charlie
After seeing your rod collection, I'd settle for 2/3 as bad.......

Have a good time at the gun drawing, that's gonna be an uncomfortable day by the sounds of it. Misting heavily here now so fishing may wait until tomorrow.
Reactions: 3
59° here with a light drizzle. The rain held off last night and trapshooting went well. I didn’t shoot great, but it was good enough for 2nd place. One of my old retired schoolteachers showed up with his pre-64 Model 12 and beat us all.
I’ll be staying indoors this morning until the rain stops. I have 2 buckets of wheel weights that need to be sorted so I might work on that after I finish this cup of coffee. I haven’t seen the grandkids in over a week but they will be here later to spend the night. That is always entertaining.
I hope we get a report from Doug and Julie on how things are going in the PD fields. Safe travels to Scott as he works his way back North.
Make it a good day.
Here’s a Caturday picture for JR
White Egg yolk Food Ingredient Egg white
See less See more
We have a good and much need night sleeping at the damncow farm air B&B.

The trip through the Atlanta demo derby was an extra two hours on stop & go and 10mph hauling an F250 on a heavy equipment trailer.
Did not matter which of the 5 or 7 lanes I tried all were slow.

I am hopeful todays northbound run through Cincy will more better
Reactions: 3
morning all. 42 with a little moisture in the air, it's not really rain but you can feel it on your face. Hope it will just set in here and rain. Still too DRY!
More sprinkler work yesterday but didn't get any serviced, but stayed busy all day doing odd things around the farm.
About ready to head out to the west side of the state, will be home tomorrow evening sometime. Grand daughter high school graduation party, nothing
big, just family. Will be nice to get away and see them.
Chores to do first though, while Gwyn loads stuff in the car.
Have a great weekend, and be safe on the road or at home. Prayers for those with health issues or other things going on.
GOD BLESS. Dean
All kinds of good stuff to comment on, such as Charlie’s rods. Can I say that? Carl’s orange, Atlanta traffic, Scott’s choice of Air BNBs Just no comment. It’s a cloudy48 degrees with a light north breeze blowing. The rain last night was welcomed save for the fact that was when Red HAD to go out and take care of nature’s calling. A guy is coming over today to see if I can figure out what’s wrong with his marksmanship. Imagine that. At any rate, we’ll make some noise. There can only be four things wrong; him, the gun, the ammo, the scope. I’ll bet scope first.
Good morning all. It’s 43 in Murdo, SD
so we aren’t rushing out to downtown Dogtown just yet. We’ll give it a couple hours. In the meantime, pkease help us welcome Colton Daniel Sheffield to the world. This is my son, Scott, holding Colt who is his first grandchild.
Joint Shoulder Muscle Shorts Leg

It’s a great day. Have one yourself.
See less See more
Good morning ,
65 headed in the 70's overcast with rain later on.
Not much planned for today I will harvest a few oysters today from the floats shuck a few and fry them up . That's about it.I will set out the crab pots also .
I invited my wife's twin down today . It's a very close bond with those 2. They talk just about everyday to each other. Speaking of twins JR does JB have a twin? That photo of her that Carl was calling Momabird is nevermind. Asking for a friend.
Everyone else have a great day.
  • Haha
Good morning ggvg looks like rain
Out on the deck with coffee for now
Life will be good for a little while.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent
Morning Everyone!

Its 61º here with clouds and rain. It looks like it will be gone about mid morning and warm up to about the mid 70's.

The housekeeper was here yesterday morning and so I hid out in the loading room. Late yesterday afternoon we drove over to Hot Springs to watch a school play that the youngest Grandson was in. It started raining during the play and rained on us most of the way home. We listened to the Razorbacks play Vanderbilt on the radio. Arkansas led most of the game until Vanderbilt hit a 3 run homer in the 8th inning to take the lead and finally win.

Todays plan is to go watch the Grandsons play ball. If the games are not cancelled due to rain or a wet field. This was the park that was damaged in the recent tornado and we have not been there since it reopened.

Prayers offered for those with needs and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.
Good Caturday morning, GoGo! At 0831 it's 58 in Louisville, light rain just quit, and it's going to 73. Gonna be a good day to get some more maters and zucchini planted out.

Worked over an hour yesterday trying to get that chain tensioner to work right on my 'lectric wheat mill. Got some new ideas as I lay in bed this morning. We'll see.

Gotta pound two more 7' T-posts into the ground today and you can bet I'll have safety glasses on this time. I pinged JR and asked if he could send JB up to help me since this is high work ... for me, anyway. He said she had been up my way, over toward Fort Knox, but was back home in Mt. Vernon now. Guess I'll just have to make do without her. 😢

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

Y'all have a great Caturday, be safe, and lift up our friends here in prayer.
See less See more
Good morning all. It’s 43 in Murdo, SD
so we aren’t rushing out to downtown Dogtown just yet. We’ll give it a couple hours. In the meantime, pkease help us welcome Colton Daniel Sheffield to the world. This is my son, Scott, holding Colt who is his first grandchild. View attachment 34193
It’s a great day. Have one yourself.
Congratulations 🎊
Reactions: 1
Morning all. Sunny and chilly now, and only headed for 70F for a high. I could use a few more degrees. No big plans for the day, just the usual. Guess I will hibernate. Be safe.
55° this morning with a high of 78° they claim. Sure is weird weathers for us this time of year.
Headed out in a few to meet my friends from Mexico for coffee. They will miss my daughter that went with me down there last year. Why? Well Rachael is in Guatemala right now. She sent us a video a couple of days ago of her parasailing off a high peak in the area.
Have a good one folks
Cartoon Rectangle Organism Mammal Comfort

Hand World Human body Organism Gesture

Attachments

See less See more
Congratulations Doug.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 31 Posts