Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mid-day and the UBR Nationals are going well and smooth. We are currently in the middle of match three with 75 degrees and winds light and variable. The scores are very good, a reflection on the good conditions.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts
Good afternoon everyone.....was up at 3:45 this morning as we had the last visitor leaving this morning so we got him to the airport about 5:30 for his flight back home. Got back about 6:30 then had an hour nap and came to work. Glass guy came and took the windshield out of my 2001 dodge and cleaned it all up and re-glued it back in. It was only held in one spot at the top about 4" long and another spot at the bottom about the same....made it real easy to get out!
Going to setup a target here at the shop and shoot the RWS Diana 36 air rifle and see how it shoots with some crossman premiere 10.5g pellets. I also need to align the crosshairs before as well and move the scope forward a little.

I remember either being asleep and the wife waking me up or I had just got up when it all started coming across the TV . Sad day for sure and prayers for those lost and the families. Also for the ones
lost after fighting the dirty bastards!

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
My recollections of that day.
After seeing what was going on, my humble phone company job got suddenly important. Security sweep & lock down my central office, confirm that all high speed data services to government installations were fully function and secure. Same procedure for nearby cell towers.

Then it was go down the emergency preparedness check list. By about 11am I had to verify that all trucks, generators & spare gas cans were full. Two cans were not so I headed out to fill them. The local Shell station had already raised gas prices A LOT. The nearby BP had done the same. There were lines 10 cars deep at both. A mom & pop station about seven miles out in the country didn't have a line up & prices were "normal". I filled & headed back to the central office. From that day forward until I retired 14 years later, I never bought gas at the two gas stations in town. I went out to the mom & pop station every chance I could.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Skruske reminded me of the Gad Prices on the way home from Kansas.
There was a small area, I think around St Louis that had raised their Gas Prices to $7 a gallon close to the interstates. I turned off somewhere and drove a few miles somewhere in a small town and got gas with no lines at the regular price.
I remember hearing about an investigation of that Area a day or so after I got home. Of course nothing happened.

Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Grass

Time to Rake and Roll some of this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies with fog, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 72°. After the fog burns off it iwill be a nice sunny day with a mild breeze.

I was a at home yesterday working on different things along with getting my yard all mowed. I did have to go an get the propane tank for the grill filled, we used the grill a lot this year so far. This morning I am heading "Up Home" to do some fishing, I haven't really got that much in this year so far. The river hasn't come down to the normal level it normally is for this time of the year. But as long as it stays at a fishable level I am happy.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.
George, it's in the 85 here now a seven o'clock. You're killing me!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts