Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53° here in Upstate NY this morning under foggy misty skies, the high temperature for today will only be getting up to about 59°. It will be a mostly cloudy day with wind of 11 to 15mph and gusts up to 25mph.

I was on the road yesterday morning and got the yard mowed in the afternoon. My wife spent the day with my MIL and said she is getting worse. Today I have to go to a new customers house this morning to fix her computer and this afternoon we are to go to a Granddaughters graduation party.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good morning, GGVG'ers. Clear skies and a nice breeze here to start off in CT. Tree trimming is on the agenda for the foreseeable future. I have about a dozen trees that have to come down around the house. The strong winds we've had over the last year or so has made me aware of how close some of them are to the house and the time has come. Tree companies are booked solid so I rented a lift and will be doing the work myself after work and on weekends. Will clean up the mess later but need to get them down while the lift is here.
Hope you all have a great day and thanks to all who post and keep the ol' board moving. Read it every day even though I'm not contributing much.
Ken

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Good Saturday morning George and varmints to follow. It is 77° here according to the weather report on my phone here near Crawford, Oklahoma. JR, you were RIGHT. This looks NOTHING like the sticks of Kentucky around here. Doug, Julie, Tom and Dinah were already here when I rolled in around noon yesterday. After we got settled in, we did a little shooting behind the lodge, followed by an awesome tour of the ranch. Later we had some delicious burgers followed by a roundtable discussion that lasted until bedtime. I don’t have much of a signal right now and can’t get pictures to post but will try again later.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 61, clear and 82 later. Today is busy, I am going try once again to get out to the range, need to clean the car, tonight is our 6 month anniversary and we need to celebrate.
My rifle is ready for pickup at the gunshop, and they have a scarce Stevens variant rifle I just might need.
Hopefully everyone is enjoying western Oklahoma and Bruce's hospitality. I wish I could have made it.
Ken

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear, breezy with a chilly start of the day at 51° here near HalfwayUSA. We might get to see 70° later.

I hauled three old nasty recliner chairs out of old hunting partner's garage. Those got left in Corey's dumpster on my way home. The quality of junk in his dumpster went downhill when I did that.:p

I got back home just in time to take Debra Dearest to Bay City for a "local content" country music concert in the park. She won tickets in some drawing she signed up for when we toured that metal casting factory earlier in the week. A nice warm day turned from 78° to 60° about 8pm as the wind turned and started blowing inland from Saginaw Bay. By 9pm we were both shivering.

This morning we are up early to join 150 other people to go on a kayak trip for a charity fund raiser. At 51° right now it's going to be a cold trip. Later today it's back to Bay City for a Travis Tritt concert that DD also won tickets for.

We've burning that candle at both ends and the middle.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 57 and going to only 74 with cloudless skies! Best wishes for the "Best of Times" to everyone in OK country. Wish I was able to be there. Be safe my friends Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone. 66 to a high of 78. A big difference from yesterday's 100 degrees driving down the road.Just let the hound out he took his time this morning eating grass marking everything and so on . This hound is very smart the only time he has ever relieved himself in the house he was 8 weeks old and it was his first night away from his litter . I woke up to him pacing the floors generally u have to force him out. Well I studied the wiring diagrams last night hopefully I'll be able to replace this PTO switch today .And hopefully it will solve the problem. I hate throwing parts at something. Everyone have a great day and have a good weekend
HHH

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
morning all. 55 with uppers 70s and wind, we got a little shower some time during the night, it smells sooo good!
Sprinkler work yesterday morning after chores, got two tires put on and fixed both drive lines on the same tower.
Worked at getting stuff back in my work pickup in the afternoon, both tool boxes are in and bolted down again, still other
things need put in today.
Had one tractor blow a small antifreeze hose but we had one on hand so not a major problem.
Better get moving, have a great day and weekend. Prayers for those with needs.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a breezy 64 here only going to 72 with 20 mph winds. Sure feels good this morning. Good sleepin' weather may Dad used to say. But the wind may keep my bud from taking his big ass boat to Hatteras today. He has to run it down the Bay from Annapolis out to the ocean and down. I imagine it's pretty sporty out there right now. In case he doesn't get it down there, I'm going to get my boat washed up and ready to pull down next weekend.

Yesterday after work I picked up the truck and stopped for a few more boards for the back deck. I'll get them screwed down this morning. Might try to get the tomatoes in the garden and plant some beans, but it's still kinda wet in there. We had a nice litte campfire on the deck last evening. Lillie had s'mores, checked out the stars and chased lighning bugs.

Sure would like to be in OK this morning. Y'all have fun. Gotta run. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Mornin boys...
Woke up around 4 but fit like the dickins to go back to sleep.
71 here now, not sure what it'll go to but I'm sure hot.
I think we're going to do Fathers Day today. Think a movie and eating out.
Wish all the Fathers a good weekend...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 81º and Sunny here headed for the low 90's.

I drove the Wife to Her Doctor's appointments yesterday and we had a nice late lunch. I moved some more stuff to the loading room after we got back home.

Not much planned for today. The Razorbacks play at noon and we plan to watch them.

Hoping all of you guys at Bruce's are having a good time. Wishing I was there.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need. Still remembering George's MIL.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Joint Jeans Shoulder White Muscle

Footwear Shoe Shorts Sky Chair

couple of pics from the porch on the lodge. I think they are all enjoying themselves fo far and nobody has got lost yet. Little redhead was at a birthday party of one of her friends and didn’t show till about 9. Had her 5 minutes of shy and then bailed right in with everybody.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Good Caturday morning from the sticks of Kentucky Not Oklahoma.

Cat Eye Carnivore Felidae Whiskers

I don't remember this ones name but he's handsome.
Yesterday was FRIDAY. Who knows WHY the local New Holland dealer does not have Mechanics working on Fridays??? WTF? Tuesday to get a 30 minute job done. Maybe.
Lou-Ten-Tent hauled hay balls most of the day yesterday and found a snapping turtle walking across a field.
Hood Tire Automotive tire Plant Wheel

Two hours later I'm gonna hit post. Lot of Chaos around here.
Have a safe day

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
JR. I would have centered one of those tractor tires on that turtle and then backed up over it again. If you hadden't guessed I hate turtles, I have had them clean out a pond in just a few days of everything that was alive there.
83* and bright sunshine abounds, will reach mid 90's later today and very dry now. Up to about two weeks we were wishing it would stop raining, now would like to see some rain, but not like it was back then. I am planning to go out to the farm and check on the folks that are making hay out there, then there is yard mowing to do here at the house. I would normally take a shooting iron out to the farm, but not with the folks out there making hay.
Not much exciting to look forward too here in the northern Ozarks. All you folks that are enjoying your weekend in OK. have a safe trip home, be safe and have a great time. I am quite sure that Bruce will show you a good time. Prayers for this country, and the folks of Ukraine, all those in need of special comfort George's MIL, and all that are ailing. God bless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts