Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fyi I got lucky today while I had to splice a few wires and clean up a bunch of connections I'm back in business. The Scag dealership told me that they were about a month out for service. It was a cheap repair 37 buckaroos. Probably spent more in gas going to get the part thanks Brandon and the ones that voted for him.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Good morning or what's left of it. Went to eat with my mom last night since we might not see them before we blast off for Nevada next week. Watched some movies after and stayed up too late and got up late and sat on the back porch while the dog ran wild.
Looks like everyone made it OK and is having a good time. Would have been a fun trip for sure.....fuel prices are going to stop a lot of traveling I would suspect this year and who knows how long.

Well hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Great morning, GoGo. It's 69 in Louisville and only going to 79! I'll be shaking my head all day, wondering where I am. Brief but welcome respite as the mid to upper 90s return Monday.

I got a lot accomplished yesterday, chief among those tasks being taking my newer laptop to a local guy who apparently does repairs very much like what George does. Fingers crossed on that. Then yesterday afternoon I got energized enough to change the oil in my Escape. I've been using once-a-year 20,000 mile synthetic oil. When I looked at my notes yesterday, I found that I've only driven that car about 4,000 miles each of the past two years. If the oil is good for 20k miles, then I guess I only have to change it every five years. How's that for ******* reasoning? Ha!

UPDATE

OK, so I started this around 8:30 a.m., but apparently didn't send it. It's now 8 p.m.

Got my front disk brake pads changed today. No accidents and no major problems. My pedal is a little mushy, but I think that's just the brakes settling in, at least I hope that's it. I didn't bleed the brakes, but when all you do is shove the caliper piston in, install new pads and put everything back, there's usually no reason to bleed. Might have to consult with Shane.

Took my newer laptop yesterday to a fixit guy who apparently operates kind of like George. Thought I might hear from him today, but maybe he takes weekends off.

After the exteme heat we had most of last week, today's weather was glorious. The sun was hot, but the air temp only hit 82. Really nice, which is why I jumped on that brake job today.

Hope y'all had a good'n and kept all your fingers and toes intact. Prayers up for the gang here, for our nation and for Ukraine. Special prayers for our boardies out at Bruce's Bash. Bet they're having a big time.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts