Varmint Hunters Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Good afternoon....at the shop and its nice and warm out. I came in for a bit to weld a few little parts and will be heading home soon. Got lots of things to do there before leaving for Nevada.
Charlie now that you ruled out the plugs I guess it's time to look elsewhere. I recently pulled the brand new generator from my dad's place and got it running again. I had a little gas in it when he bought it probably 10 years ago to test it out and he never started it again. I drained what tiny bit of gas out of it and filled it with fresh gas ad got it running but it was really rough and surged real bad with no load. I slowly closed the choke until it smoothed out some and after bout an hour I was able to open the choke all the way and it runs good now...just need to be flushed out I guess.

Hope everyone has a good day

·
Registered
774 Posts
Two more wins for the little redhead..now 10-0. Start again tomorrow at 2;40 PM. If win then, championship game at 4:30. Whopppeeee.
Love that stabil....use it in mowers, generators, weed eaters, chainsaws...great stuff.
son is on the road to Amarillo for second night of rodeo. Hope he can sta awake driving. He said some of the cowboys stayed up kind of late last night after the rodeo drinking Koolaid. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Administrator
12,418 Posts
Well, I run non ethanol fuel for that exact reason and I usually use stabil. Plus I've run seafoam in the fuel the last 2 tanks trying to sort this mess out. Not sure what's the deal with it.

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Charlie, I can't "book" you on the downside to Seafoam but I've read that it ain't that good w enough factoids to convince me. Maybe Google it and get some info?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts