Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 81° again today. They are calling for rain and possibly thunderstorms for today and tonight with a calm wind all day.

Yesterday was a mixed bag, I spent time at home and I also was on the road for awhile. Later in the afternoon my wife and I went and got ice cream and then took a ride through the country back roads. Today I am mulling over going up to the gun club for a bit this morning but only time will tell what I will do.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 57 and clear, high of 81. Today I need to take the truck and pick-up everything I bought from the estate sale yesterday.
I took the M14 to the range yesterday, bad. The scope mount is loose, again. I am going to try to reinstall it properly this time. The previous owner goofed it up.
Hope everyone has a blessed day today,
Ken

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good real Saturday morning from NC Ohio 67 going to 80 with 98 humidity , need I say more? I will try to get my buddy to go to a range too see what they have in the order of bench shooting. May pay the fee to join but a home range may be more convenient. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 72 for now, and gorgeous out. I need to get out and get some yard work done before it gets hot. Spray weeds, pick zukes and peas, etc. Not sure what else I might get into. I'd like to be on the water somewhere, but we are still on baby watch.

Last night we kept Lillie and we all went out for dinner. Had a good prime rib at a local bar/restaurant, then Rita's ice for dessert. I think we all slept well. LOL

Better get going. Coffee is ready.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornin boys...
67 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Didn't get into anything yesterday, asked the little monster
if she wanted to go to the pawnshop and she said no. Not sure what we'll get into today. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
27 Posts
70 degrees, foggy and heavy dew. Heading to mid 80’s, setting up to be a muggy day. I was going to mow the grass yesterday and the dew was on at 1300 still.

One more night of the county fair. Thursday there was little going on.
Last night was a mess. People lined up trying to get in at 2300 and it is shut down at 2400. Seemed there was as many trying to leave as there was getting in. Let the girl out to take care of business at 0400 and there was still traffic.
Crowds never have been my cup of tea. I tolerate this easily, as it could be an industrial park or low rent housing.
Y’all have a good day.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 48 with low 80s later, still a chance of a shower in the afternoon. Didn't get any moisture yesterday only the wind.
Both swathers are in one piece and out of the shop, hope they stay that way for the rest of the summer.
Also worked on sprinklers, had one stuck and used the JD loader to drag it out of the hole. Another with a flat tire for today.
And we got three more fields baled, stacking crew is really behind!!!
Going to a auction this morning, probably come home empty handed, sure there will be lots of crazy people with more money than I.
There are primers, bullets and powder on the sale, and a few guns too!
Better get around, chore and sprinkler checking time.
Have a good day, prayers for those in need, and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good real Saturday morning. Cloudy and 69 in Indy. Been to the pancake joint and we're sitting in neutral until the gun shop opens at 10:00. The night sights Julie ordered are in so that's our excuse to stop by........as if we really need one.

Looks like ammo is beginning to show up in a few places. Except for .22lr, there's not much we shoot that's available but it's a good sign. Primers are still going to be an issue, I think.

The long-awaited .224V barrel magically appeared on the front porch yesterday. :D

Have a good day.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dean…had an auction this country few weeks ago, son said it was nutty. Box of 40 S&W sold for over $2.50 / round. All ammo was crazy high and guns you probably wouldn’t want laying around were thru the roof. Maybe I ought to have one….LOL
Got little redhead and daughter’s youngest for the weekend. He’s 9 and she’ll be 6 next week. They both showed about 2 PM yesterday. They are having fun. Son and DIL are entered in rodeos this weekend in Limon, CO and I think Hugo, CO. Friend meeting him in Limon with a 22’ enclosed trailer he had ordered from dealer in the area to haul big ranger, tents, etc. in for hunting camps.
Daughter and SIL are trying to get packed up and ready to go on vacation to FL next week. Been there once….it was enough. They go to same place every summer there.
Anyway, you all have a great weekend.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's. There is rain and T'Storms in the forecast for today and most of next week.

Yesterday we got that levee disc and water furrow plow hauled over to my Son's place and ran water furrows in most of the places they were needed. On the way home we drove through the Doctor's place to check over everything. Most of the stuff that I planted a few weeks ago is coming up. And we still managed to get home before noon! After that I tinkered in the loading room and watched the rain out of the window.

Today, after breakfast and browsing on the computer, I need to do some housekeeping in the loading room. I have stuff stacked everywhere and its getting out of hand.

Mr Murl, its good to see you posting. I hope you continue to improve.

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and we are under cloudy skies expecting rain this afternoon. I advised JB not to hand the laundry out on clothesline. No one seems to do that anymore.
Speaking of Judy Brown, she came to my rescue yesterday afternoon. I ha
d put the cow herd in another field and of course they left a baby up on the hill in the woods. I found it and called her to drive up there and help me haul it back to the others.

She showed up in my Geo wearing a damdress and flip flops.
We carried it to the Ranger and she drove while I held it in the floorboard. (Rear was full of Sprayer and water)

We made the trip, she shoved it out and Momma Cow was happy

Not sure what I am doing today. I did load some test rounds for the new Frangible bullets, but haven't got around to testing them for accuracy. I just HATE shooting paper but it's a must I guess. Steel at least gives you a nice Pop.
Have a safe day folks and if you see a stray calf, pick it up and carry it around for a while.

·
Registered
842 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and we are under cloudy skies expecting rain this afternoon. I advised JB not to hand the laundry out on clothesline. No one seems to do that anymore.
Speaking of Judy Brown, she came to my rescue yesterday afternoon. I ha
d put the cow herd in another field and of course they left a baby up on the hill in the woods. I found it and called her to drive up there and help me haul it back to the others.
JR…wish I had a dollar for everytime we left A calf or two when moving cattle between pastures. But, I’m sure Dean never did that….LOL

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Good late morning, GoGo. It's 76 in Paducah, KY, going to 86. Cloudy out now and 40% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Don't know what I'll get into today, but I'll be getting together with my brother, so there are all sorts of possibilities. He has a 9mm that he hasn't shot much and I have some new mags for my Springfield XD 9, so that might happen. I brought some 124gr cast & coated reloads and also some reloads that I stuffed with 124gr Federal HST bullets. I'd love to find an oversize zucchini or some other large fruit/veggie to test those HST's on. Big box of wet newspaper would probably be best. We'll see.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for all who need them. Let's not forget Israel, Cuba's freedom front, and the mess in South Africa.

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
First off; let me thank all of you on this board for the concern and caring, while I have been down and out. It really means a lot to me, I have life long friends that haven't even called. God bless everyone on this board.

74* and sunny on the way to 85 and possible light rain later. Not much else to say, pretty much stuck to the house, and wearing a stiff heavy brace around my middle. Will have to wear it for a few weeks, can take it off while in bed or just setting around the house for short periods of time. I got off lucky, six screws and two rods holding my spine together, but it sure helped take away the pain I was suffering. Doc said it could take up to a year for the nerves going down into my left leg to get to where they will be. I don't have use of my leg and foot, I can walk on it with the help of a cane and right now using a walker. He says that a lot of that will come back. Just how much he could not say, at least it is not so painful as it was.

Too top it all off right, I used to make my living building things, houses, office buildings, and such things as that. One of my hobbies back then was wood working. Well one day I nearly cut the index finger on my right hand off, or more like half off. It cut through the tendon on the top that lifts it back up and makes it work with rest of the fingers. The doctor back the was able to fix it so it worked like it should. We my RA has caused my hands to stiffen and swell which in turn caused that tendon to rupture and stretch, where it was put back together so now I type with one hand (left) and one finger (right). Makes for slow going.

Prayers up for all in need and especially this great country which we are all watching the crap people in Washington, destroy. God bless you all and God bless America.

·
Registered
842 Posts
mrmurl…..praying everything will just keep getting better for you.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 77 headed to 80 today, 95% humidity, rain and thunderstorms all weekend long. I went to the doc on Thursday, with about 1000 tiny red spots on each leg, and both red from knee down. Turns out they were tiny blood hemorrhages' from taking 800mg Ibuprofen every day, and he had me stop them immediately, due to risk of strokes or TIA, which is mini strokes, last thing I need. He told me to use Tramadol pain meds more, but they dont help much. I am hurting in places where I had had no pain for year, every joint in my body. Am pretty well miserable all day long, and dont sleep well at night. Well enough whining from me, you all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, and say one for me if you will, Buff out.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
"I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter and make believe it came from you....." Old song Larry. Maybe send yourself a check? Give yourself a raise!

Very, very nice here on the deck. Pleasantly COOL and nice breezes. Frogs were chorusing a big YES after last night's T boomer. Too much rain but there it is anyway. Mike, I really feel for you w the humidity. Y'all need some DRY to get the wheat in. It's sprouting on the plants. Farm cousins say they may end up feeding it out if things don't turn around. No Bueno.
Church lady had leads installed y'day in her back. Dinah n I went over last evening to help. I've never seen so much pain in one person. Spasms across the back, down the legs. We were helpless. We got her in bed, abt 20 mins to go 40', I left at 2AM, Dinah stayed. That gal is tuff. I hope she turns a corner today.

Edger will not run w any power, when it runs. I did about 60' before it layed down. More fun.

I bought an OHaus dbl beam, dial a grain yday. I'll check it against my Scott Parker tuned 1010. If it is consistent, the 1010 hits the brix.

Thought I sent this 3 hrs ago +/-. Checked the rain gage that was empty at 5pm yday.
2.1" yeoowwww. No wonder the frogs were vocal. Time to hit SEND, I'm out, kinda about.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
KF, we used to use just gallon plastic milk jugs filled with water for HP pistol bullet expansion testing. Back in the time, some of the best were XTP, Hydro-shocks, PMC Starfire in 38's or 9mm, and CCI 200gr Lawman 'Flying Ashtrays'.

Koger, those little dots are called petechia, and they are capillaries that are breaking. Learned that name the hard way several years ago also. I can only use acetaminophen for pain now for my Afib, and they limit that. It doesn't work very well, works slowly, but does help with the back and leg pains some.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts