Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 78°. After the fog burns off it will get up to about 78° and be sunny with a mild wind of 5 to 10mph.

Yesterday wasn't a bad day overall, nice weather with a nice breeze all day. I went up to the gun club in the afternoon and got it mowed, that is the last time I will be mowing up there this year. I am heading "Up Home" this morning and do some fishing, whether I catch anything or not doesn't matter. It has been a long week.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
64° here as I head out the door. Sorted brass and cleaned guns yesterday. My daughter came over for awhile And we all had a good visit. One of my retired coworkers from Dayton, Ohio left a note in my door earlier this week. He and his band are having an outdoor concert at a park down the road tonight so we’re gonna go there to see them.

Gotta run. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's a nice 57 with a high about 82.
All the bushes got whacked yesterday, my daughter stopped by and mowed the backyard. Tru Green guy stopped for my next lawn treatment, he did part of the front and left. Now I need to fight with them.
I have dirt and a hole to fill today.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 60 going to 80 with clear blue skies. Brisket on the grill with bacon following. I'll see how it works out. I am following Charlie with the squirrel today while grilling with the Ruger by my side. Be safe special Prayers for the flood victims and all of us, this country. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Heinz 57 again this morn in this part of Michigan’s Thumb. It sure has been great sleeping weather of late. Yesterday early eve we went to the Yale Bologna Festival. It was a bunch of baloney for the most part. Where they once had entertainment in the “Midway” they now have a money grabbing flea market. They had a new promoter come in this year and this promoter wanted to make a killing. And it’s new Covid related. Well, that’s it for this year. No returns.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Mornin boys...
66 here high on RUGER Mt tbis morning.
We got rain again yesterday, dont know how much but is poured several times.
I did stuff a few 9s yesterday and got a few more ready to stuff, run out of bullets...lol
Not sure what we will get into today...you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 50 with low 70s and 60% chance of moisture, didn't get much yesterday, but had little showers off and on all day.
Got the diesel motor serviced and ready to pump water and make electricity again.
Didn't do much else but did whack a few p-dogs, so the day was a success!
Better get moving, slept in and it was great!
Have a good day and weekend. Be safe, prayers for those in floods and heat too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 67 and soggy here, headed to only 82. Lovely day for a birthday party. Rained pretty good yesterday and the kid's yard is probably too wet to mow, but it's gonna get it here in a bit. I put the camper on the truck last night and loaded everything up. Got here about 9pm. Lot to do today to get ready for the party. Gotta run. Prayers sent.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's with chances for rain and T'storms later in the day.

Yesterdays big event was taking the Wife to a Doctor's appointment and running a few errands. We got some rain on and off during the day.

Todays plans are to start loading the Wife's Expedition . We're going to the beach next week and I'll start getting things lined up to be loaded. Mostly the Wife's supply of oxygen bottles, my carry-on bag, ect.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. Beautiful sunny morning.77 headed to 85 .
Not sure what is in the plans for today possibly the famous hole in the wall seafood place.with my usual FFF . Fresh fried flounder and slaw.
I have been eyeing a old 🟣 Martin house setting on a bench in someone's front yard . Looks like a junk collector.I did drop in last Saturday but no one was at home. Maybe I'll swing in today if I'm headed that way.
The hound has been holding his own the last few days.I can not swear to it but I believe the food he was on was the cause. Last week I put him on a bland diet of yep boiled chicken and rice with a tablespoon of pumpkin . His appetite greatly improved. His eyes stopped watering when he ate and he has kept it down so far plus the vet recommended this Hills prescription diet for digestive system with low fat that he is being slowly introduced to 1/4 cup 2 days then a 1/2 a cup for a few days u get the picture. Hopefully we will get on track again.
Nothing else is planned for today been reading about something that got voted on let's hope the Senate kills it . It's a shame that it seems these sobs are more interested in removing rights than giving.
Enough said.
Everyone have a great day enjoy your weekend.
HHH

·
Administrator
1,949 Posts
72* and cloudy with a weather guesser guessing on a high of 78 and a chance of rain showers this afternoon. Have had a big week and still not caught up on rest, not much going to happen today. Going to some friends house tthis afternoon for just a visit and get together. Set around and visit with maybe some light snacks not too much else going to happen in the next couple of days. Many prayers to those in need and the whole world, for with the damnocRATS in charge here the world is not safe. Prayers for all the ones here that are fighting illness, especially Bruce and every other like Tinman, and Lightman's wife. God bless the rest of us.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Finally got .3 of rain yesterday morning….and then got to listen to little thunder and rain last night. Checked the gauge awoke ago and had another 2 1/2” …… thank you Lord.
Ate fresh tomatoes every meal yesterday….first I had all year, sure were good.
Cartoon Vertebrate Organism Mammal Font

Have to get around, funeral for good friend of mine’s mother, sweet lady, but quality of life was not there for 2-3 years.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

Reactions: lightman and JRinKY

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Finally got a haircut yesterday early afternoon. Got online to check their wait times, and found it was only 20 minutes. Jumped into the car and made it with a couple minutes to spare. Had a nice chat with the haircutter, and she was getting started her own food truck business. I wish her luck.

Nothing really planned for today, but something will come up. No doctor visits until Thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I knew a man, who after retirement, wanted to be the first guy to the barber shop in the morning. He set his alarm clock to be there. I asked why and his response was, “I like the feel of cold steel on my neck in the morning”. To each his own.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Good Caturday morning from just West of the Flooded out Eastern Kentucky.
Head Cat Eye Carnivore Human body

That is a High Maintenance Cat for sure.
I have been helping a neighbor pick Tomatoes this morning and got a supper invite a 6pm.
Tomatoes are Rotting before they ripen and skin is bustin open because of the Rain. Good on hay/grass but bad on maters. Over 25 dead in Eastern Kentucky floods so far. Everyone there lives in "The Ditch" only flat land is in the river bottoms.
Judy Brown was supposed to pick up youngins at Nashville aerodrome this morning, but haven't heard.
Lunch on the Grill, another gifted deerburger, but that FFF that @hedgehoghunter spoke of sounded real good. Never had FFF either...ain't none in Buck Creek.
Have a safe day folks and donate to the Fund to fly Nancy to China.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Tin, I enjoy a fresh haircut . I used the same barber for 50+ years . I haven't found one I like since he passed . So I cut my own. A good pair of electric clippers and if I miss it up I cut it all off. That's what baseball caps are for. While the wife isn't overly impressed when i do shave my head I tell her it will grow back .I was married for 20+ years before my wife saw my face I had always had a beard. Now Im a clean cut guy . Flat tops I'm at home. If I wanted long hair I d wear a dress . And that ain't happening.
FB I thought of you when I saw this . I do remember some amazing sites I saw while working in the city around the college.
Window Fixture Building Line Wall

HHH

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Good afternoon everyone...79° here at the shop. Came in this morning to finish putting the new carb and my son's Camaro and finish up a few more things on it. Still need to modify a fuel line for better fit. The new transmission isn't shifting like it should, will Rev out to about 5500rpm before shifting and that's part throttle. I assume they new to get back in there and fix something. Next one I'm going to attempt to build myself.

A buddy and I went out last night about 10pm and stayed out until 1am and never seen a coyote that we could absolutely identify....only this we seen were co ons and they weren't moving until it got late.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts