Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Way late for a good morning check in but I've been busy. Had a break in the hot weather today, just about 60 to start out with a bit of a breeze and low humidity (finally!) and by 8am I had the chain saw going, whittling away at the wood jumble. Can't call it a pile yet but it's getting closer to one.
Of course, about 30 minutes after I got started the breeze died off and it got still; then the deer flies started in. Well, I have a cure for that.....up to the shop I go for the 20" diameter shop fan. Plugged that in, placed it about 10' away and back to sawing wood. Got quite a bit done before it got hot in the direct sun and decided I'd done enough. Put everything away and the breeze came back up, of course!!
Well, I made good use of that and got the lawn mowed. Nice to have the breeze to keep the dust and bugs away. Been 3+ weeks since I've had to do the front 2 pieces and about 2 months since the back needed to be cut. We're in a drought situation here with no real rain in quite a while. Probably won't need to mow again for 2-3 weeks at this pace.
All showered and clothes changed and now I'm going take a couple of plinkers out for some exercise with reduced loads, both jacketed and cast. I found a box of cast 190 grain for 30 caliber I picked up at some point and have loaded the '06 with 2 levels of some Herco I've had laying around for a long time. And I'll be taking a Marlin 30-30 out with some Unique loads, too just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
HHH, I won't try cutting my own hair, ever. I do have a real nice hair clipper that I use to trim my beard. It is a heavy, corded clipper and is so old the box for it does not have a zip code on it. My mother used it to trim my hair when I was a little kid.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Ahhh, for once a Hero pic l ain't jealous of.
Woke up around 0300 freezing. Put a t shirt on and slept till 0630. I'm thinking the creakiness, soreness, chills and lack of E is the side effects of the second required Vid shot.
I toodled down the road to the church Men's Breakfast at a leisurely pace. It is NEXT Sat. The round trip was over 47mpg readout.
These Senior Moments are tiring. I'd like a couple of Lucid Moments.
Slid back in bed for an hour, got up, dressed and wrapped up in a blanket and napped on the couch for 3 hrs. Still stiff n achey. This too shall pass and considering what some of my fellow Boardlings are dealing with, not worth the mention.
2.5" Bruce. That is Great.
We picked 3 wagons of AM melons plus a half wagon to finish an order yday. He had the bush hog on the 4020 late morning nubbing back the roadways n boarders.
I have bbls to org and a black bore to scrub. Not sure if l can defeat the couch cushion tractor beam....l did pop fitty cent for a Lescroart mystery at the library y'day. The first 4 pages were OK. We'll see. Tom out

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Talked to son couple hours ago…neighbor across the river, maybe 3 miles from my house has 6 inches last night. Neighbor to west of my house across the river had 4 1/2”. Wet ole country….
Son and 2 of his buddies took the ranger and thermals out last night before the rain chasing hogs. Said they got about a dozen knocked down before it rained them out. Good night for them….bad for hogs.

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Tooo much fun for sure.
Leave'm where they fall??
"Buzzards have to eat too".

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Son checked rain gauge at river bridge about 1.5 miles north of house…..had 5.25” in it

21 - 28 of 28 Posts