Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Late to the party as usual. The morning started @ 57 and is currently 83, very nice day and to add to it, the solar collectors are making me a few pennies. Our grandson spent the night here with his Dad. I was surprised that my son came later after dropping him off and my wife reminded me that they have not spent a full night apart in four years. That's pretty special. Did some range time yesterday to compare some bullt performance and to attempt to blow some shoulders forward on about 50 pieces of PPC brass. I have no clue how this one box came to be about .010 short, but they would fire and left a bullet stuck in the lands with powder dumped all over everything. Using a much slower powder while filling the case full and compressing the powder just a bit I was able to get most of the formed, but will have to do a few over as I didn't completely fill the case and allowed the bullet to slide back. I just finished doing those again and I'm pretty sure they will fire this time. Kids, don't try this at home. There are probably more important things I need to do this afternoon, but I'm going to load for next Saturday's match at Buck Creek and maybe try some ******* gunsmithing with some used barrels on a Borden action. If I get it to work I'll report. If not, I won't.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Son texted earlier and said 3 of 5 hunters filled antelope tags this morning and the other 2 missed 😵‍💫
Went fo Woodward today and picked up Lapua 6.5 creed brass, 1# of 2015 powder (all they had), picked up some Hawkins 34mm low rings for son, and a used Redfield scope .

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Good afternoon everyone...it was a real nice day. I got up early and headed to the range for the UBR match. I loaded some Berger column bullets this time to fireform with since the matchburners did really well last time. They pretty much sucked ass!...damn things were all over the place. I did get them all fireformed though.
My damn arm still hurts from getting stung twice by the wasp the took up home in my shooting bench yesterday. That makes 3 damn times this week I got into wasp and got stung.....first time was right on the end of my finger.....dirty bastards!

Not much else going on just got my 200 cases resized and will go in the tumbler in a fee.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Well we are back from our eastern shore excursion and the only money spent was on a fantastic crab cake dinner south of the hell hole called Baltimore. Traffic was awful, especially east bound toward the Bay Bridge.

We looked at the boat and while the guy looked away I asked Sue how she liked it. She DIDN'T like it one bit. I thought it was okay. Older, badly in need of wax and TLC. But it would have been fine. Not a Mercury motor fan much so we didn't even test run it. We stopped at a few dealers to scan the lots but nothing jumped out at us. Couldn't afford some of the motors, let alone entire rigs. Prices are up there right now.

Possibly going to look at another tomorrow. Much newer, nicer rig. Much more $$$ too, but I think we could swing it....IF Sue likes it. Gotta keep momma happy. She's going to end up with the payments...maybe. 😁

Charlie

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Tinman....good ol Raid killed the ones on the nest still...the other dozen fly all over my suburban. We killed a few more but still had a few coming back.
When I went to pull.out of the field the sun was in my eyes and I flipped my visor down and one was underneath it and almost got me again. I jumped out while it was still skidding in park to a stop.
I have had enough wasp for a while.... especially on my right arm!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good news, Shane. At least you know you aren’t allergic to the stings. Dad and mom had a neighbor killed by hornets or wasps. Don’t recall which but he got stung 3 times, went into convulsions, and was dead before the fire dept. got there. There’s always wasp/hornet spray around here.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Charlie , That's is a nice outboard motor on that boat. I had a Honda on a water boat at Lake Anna for 20 years never a issue and I did regular maintenance oil change which I ran Mobil 1 and gear oil changes. Always started efficient on fuel. I don't know anything about the saltwater but to flush as soon as I can after use . I did know of a Parker that was for sale in that length in Callio a couple of months ago.If I make it up that way I'll see if I still see it .

21 - 32 of 32 Posts