Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
67° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 87°. It will be a most sunny day with a 30% chance of rain and we will have a mild breeze of 3 to 7mph.

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day for me, I went up in the afternoon to the gun club to help setup some for-today's Membership Appreciation Day. We had a storm come through around 5:00PM that dumped on us for about 10min and that was it. This morning I have to go and pick up the food for the event and then head up there. We will have a good turnout for today it looks, with good people and good food for them to eat.

Happy Belated Anniversary to Charlie and Sue.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 75, high about 80 and probably going to rain. There's a very big band of rain moving across the center of the state now.
Yesterday we hit 34 garage sales in Morristown. Shop till we dropped. And we found some useful items, wife more than I.
Today is Walmart, ugh. I found some good barn boards yesterday that should work for a project in the photography room. I need to work on that.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday,
Ken

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Mornin boys...
66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning
Finally slept some last nite...woke up normal time.
Hope this head cold is on its way gone...lol
Hope to smell some smoke today, need the smoke therapy.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Blass...

Donnie

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good morning, GGVGer's. 66 here in the hills of CT, headed toward 90 or so, waiting for the weather girl to give me the entire bad news for heat and humidity. I can see they have a heat advisory up again, with heat index near 100 AGAIN!
Thinking I might fire up the saw and the big fan and try to get another section of the pile worked up and stacked while it's in the shade more or less; it's all random lengths right now.

Then again, I may just head for the basement and fill up a bunch of 20 gauge shells that I've emptied over the last month. I loaded up some empty 12's earlier in the week; they should get me through the rest of the shooting year for the little bit of sporting clays I shoot.

I've also been loading some reduced velocity loads for a couple of my rifles for target shooting around here. I've been trying to keep the noise level down to keep from annoying the neighbors too much. I could simply use the 22's but have been wanting to shoot some bigger stuff without taking them up to the club due to the price of gas and the heat factor. Lots of fun to be had with velocity levels of a 22 mag from rifles ranging from 223 up to 30-06.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.
Ken

Reactions: George Foster

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 77º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's with chances for rain.

The Wife and I are up and have had our showers and we'll be headed home in a bit. 507 miles and 8 hours 15 minutes according to the map. It's been a fun week with the boys and their families but I think everyone is ready for their own beds. One last look at the ocean before we hit the road and its calm and the Dolphins are jumping and putting on a show.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
morning all. 51 with 82 later, 50% chance of rain, none yesterday.
Started a couple more sprinklers yesterday morning, then started working on the NH swather. That took most of the day, spread out the rear axels.
Been having problems with the rear tires tracking right, hope this will help. Dealer hasn't been any help with the problem so we'll try
the wider wheel base.
Not sure what I'll do today but I'm sure something will need done.
Might ride with Gwyn across the valley to a quilt show, just for something different to do but work.
Have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those traveling and those with health issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Great morning folks,

71° with an expected high of 96° to go with high humidity here near HalfwayUSA. Thick fog is obscuring the sky all though I do believe it's still there.

Old hunting partner's chores, errands and bills got handled. He's tiring much more quickly. He wasn't nearly as steady on his feet either. He is still able to care for himself though we did discuss what could happen if that changes.

The brown grass I left behind before the Montana trip is green & thick again. It will get some attention this morning if it dries out enough before we have to leave.

Deb & I have to attend a funeral in the north eastern Thumb of Michigan.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 75 headed to 90 today . Cloudy plus possible chance of 🌧. Had a good poor man's rain last night.
We did go to Urbana yesterday afternoon for lunch food was good I got fried clams and Fried Okra. The Mrs got fried flounder and Okra . Had leftovers for dinner plus tomato sandwich. Not sure what today holds. Time will tell . I expect my old neighbor to be calling shortly.
Everyone have a good day stay safe and comfortable. Those on the road safe travels and I hope the best for the rest.
HHH
Food Tableware Ingredient Dish Staple food

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Good Caturday morning, GoGo. It's 76 in Louisville, going to 86. Humidity is 95%. Scattered thunderstorms due again today.
Carnivore Wood Line Font Rectangle

Got a little more done on my USMC knife yesterday. I'm wet molding the front/outside of the sheath to form-fit it to the knife handle. Just a little more hand sanding and I can start rubbing oil into the leopardwood handle. Here's what leopardwood looks like:
Brown Wood Amber Pattern Peach

Louisville is pork country, so I rarely see beef ribs at the grocery. A few days ago, though, I found some frozen beef ribs at Walmart. Bought two packs and smoked them yesterday. They got done about 9 last night. I grabbed a nibble as I was wrapping the ribs in a towel to rest overnight. Real good beefy flavor, similar to brisket. Forgot to take pictures; sorry.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation. Wishing a smooth, safe trip home for Lightman and the missus. Sounds like y'all had a really good beach vacation.

·
Administrator
13,545 Posts
Good Saturday morning folks. It's 72 and cloudy, storms later and 90+. Sticky and steamy the weather girl says. We got a brief downpour last evening. We didn't do anything last night. Leftovers and TV. Just relaxed. Felt good to sleep in this morning. Only plans for the weekend are getting crabs and going to the kid's today. Have to pick up my truck, get it home and drop the camper. I may run out to the farm to set a few trail cams tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the well wishes yesterday. Lightman, safe travels.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Good Caturday morning from the rain soaked sticks of Kentucky.
Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Organism

And we are definitely getting more rain in the Flooded out destruction in Eastern Kentucky.
Ecoregion Map World Light Black

We got 1.6 inches yesterday and have probably got about that much already Today.
Folks in the East sure don't need any more.
It sounds like Ken and his wife are about to contend for the Rummage Sale championship. Skruske and DD better get cracking.
Speaking of The Skruske...I did a Skruske and stopped by a USFS shooting range about 30 miles from my house, since I was in the area. We picked up about 10# of Brass and using his logic, I will have to buy 3 or 4 more pistols and rifles. I Found brass I don't have guns for.
Hwy 127 yard sale is about drowned yesterday and today. Worst possible outcome.
Otis the Cat has no electricity due to lightening hitting the line about a half mile away. @lightman when you get home maybe you could drop by. All our locals are in E Ky working there. HHH, you free today to help, because I need the Lectric fence running.
Have a safe day folks.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
JR ,If Light ain't available. I guess I can take up the slack not that it is any. I ain't saying much but some of those servicemen for them electric companies generally passed on the grunt work after diagnosing the problem. 😜 . Not all but a few do. Them area supervisors like Light can be a pleasure to work with . If Light needs help I'll be glad to assist. I'll make sure to bring the skyhook we may need it.
Charlie for #1's correct?

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
Another rainy morning....jr there might be good money in bushhogging yards in your future 🤔 primer money 💰
U'all have a great day 😀

Reactions: lightman

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
56° with a high with a high of 92°. It is 82% humidity right now. I sure hope that comes down. It is almost 7 AM here and we are heading out the door for the Steamup at the Antique Power land. They have a massive stationary engine I’ll try and get a picture of. It use to pump water down in California. That most have been back in the good old days when the state had brains and water.
Film at 11

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well, I hit my limit in 2 hours this morning......and it frustrates me to no end. Today it seems as if there is no oxygen in the air out there, even with the fan blowing. Fired up at 7:45 and quit at 9:45. Was starting to not feel too well and did the smart thing and quit.

Here is the pile I'd hoped to finish cutting and get all stacked for easy splitting:

Plant Wood Natural landscape Trunk Logging

And here is what I had left when I ran out of steam, just couldn't finish it out:

Plant Natural landscape Tree Wood Bedrock

I did get it all out away from the big rocks for next time so I didn't nick them with the saw.

I took down the stump from the big leaning oak during the week; glad we took the tree down 'cause it was going bad at ground level, too, like the other one. Stump is 39 x 32" and you may not be able tell from the pix but the wood is punkier than it looks.

Wood Plant Trunk Natural material Polyporales

Plant Natural material Bedrock Groundcover Wood

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
JR…. You could move Otis in with you till he gets his electricity back on
KF…. When I first looked at that pic of the leopardwood, I thought you were posting pic of a pot of pork and beans😵‍💫
Dean… hope you aren’t thinking of taking up quilting as it might interfere with reloading
Went to another funeral yesterday and then on to Elk City to pick up wifey’s new Expedition. Met daughter there. Gave her our 2018 model with 70000 miles and traded her 2016 with 158000 miles in on the new one….ain’t I a nice daddy?
That just cost me an extra $20,000. Car salesman (ex son-in-law) offered me 20,000 on 4 lots I owned next to his house, so I made the deal with him.
Long story short, got the 20,000 back.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts