Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 77°. It will be a nice sunny day with a mild breeze of about 6mph, no rain forecast.

Yesterday was a mixture of different things for me, I shot two rounds of Skeet in the morning, broke 48 by missing two on the first round and going straight on the second. After all these years you would think I would know better than lift my head to see the bird break but still I do it once in a while. I had to go to a customer who bought a new HP Chromebook against my advice 5 wks. ago. The mother board went bad yesterday morning, I told her she would have to send into HP under warranty. Later in the afternoon I got my yard mowed. This morning I am going "Up Home" for my last trip of bass and walleye fishing.

I see trump is trying to incite another riot, must be he is getting a little worried.

I see that the people of Martha's Vineyard took good care of the vetted immigrants.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 65, some rain in the area, high about 78.
Yesterday was rummage sales in the rain, nothing found but it was fun. I found an online auction that is local and bid on Stevens rifle and a couple of Redwing crocks.
Today is domestic chores this morning then we are riding with another couple to Lakeville for a gospel quartet.
Hope everyone has a blessed Saturday,
Ken

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys...
57 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Not sure what I'll get into today but smoke therapy
may be involved. Football last night was a good game but we lost
in the 2nd OT. Lost by 2 points. Hate it for the boys.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good morning all. 65 in Indy and we’re heading north for a reunion of the high school softball team Julie and I coached 30+ years ago. A couple of those little girls are grandmothers now. Ya’ know that makes me old. We are gonna stop by the pancake joint to drop off a house key to the dog sitter/waitress/nurse.
On the road again. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
63° according to the thermometer but I haven’t been outside yet to verify. Bathtub repair and mowing Mom’s backyard is on the agenda today. Front and sides were mowed yesterday but I ran out of daylight. Will probably log some time in the reloading chair at some point today. A few pieces of firewood may also get split.
Saw this on my way home from work yesterday.
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good Saturday all. It's 58 going to 80s here. Going to be another nice day. Up and attum early, headed around Baltimore to see a few boats today. Notice I said "around". I won't go inside the beltway any more.

I survived yesterday without falling asleep or killing anyone, so that's good. Had planned to leave work early. That didn't happen either. We are all in the same boat. Have use or lose vacation and too busy to use it. After work, I put up a treestand at the farm in PA. 2 weeks until bow season here.

Well I gotta run. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning everyone,

57° with light fog or thick humidity as the sun rises here near HalfwayUSA. 83° for the high later.

Rummaging & riding around topless were the main activities yesterday. Some treasures were hauled back to the HalfwayHouse before lunch.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Easel Rectangle Handwriting Font Wood

Plant Happy Tree Pink Grass

Speaking of lunch - Tony's is widely know in these parts & now JR and Miss Judy have endulged as well.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Plant Automotive side marker light

Food Table Tableware Plate Ingredient

Cod sandwich with fries on an extra large plate. He did indeed clean his plate.

We dropped by Hausbeck Pickle factory but tours & the outlet store did not restart after 2020. We did stop by a nearby old school grocery store that specializes in Michigan made products. Miss Judy came away with box of pickles & other treats to be taken back to Kentucky.

Flower Plant Smile Sky Cloud

Late in the day & into the night we had company over. Mike & Corey and families sat around the fire with us. Laughter & catching up well past dark.

Fire Flame Heat Gas Water

More rummagaing today & a beer tent music show later in our little town.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
If you brought your dancing shoes, you can head up to the Kinde Polish Festival. Skruske can take you there for some great Polish food……and dancing.
Wait a while though as it is presently 63 and heavy fog.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
GM from the sticks of....Michigan??
We went on some bargain hunting yesterday and found a few?
Tony's restaurant is the place to eat, as @CarlP can vouch for that.
Francisco, Polish festival would definitely be a fun place but I ain't much of a dancer anymore.
Skruskes fed me a weird "thing" for supper.
Food Tree Ingredient Wood Natural foods

Hand Food Ingredient Gesture Recipe

I will let yall figer it out, and it would definitely be edible in a WW2 concentration camp setting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 61 headed to 82 today. Up and at em, taking the wife to eat breakfast out, then to pick up 2 guns I won on a local auction yesterday. One was a very nice Husqvarna 1460, a .270 made on a FN commercial 98 with a Leupold Vari X3, 3x10x40, and a Savage copy of a Browning auto 5, made under license when the Browning factory burnt, and Savage filled thier orders, made the copy with a couple of changes. Got a busy weekend planned, got to get moving, You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 64 head to 80 .
I did my running around yesterday while the wife cleaned the inside of her boat . I showed her how to cut the electronics on to at least know the depth of the water she will be in. I think today we will do the first voyage. Monday I will get the trailer inspected then line up to take it the the boatyard for a test run. Hopefully I will be able to leave it there for the winter and he can do the work while we are in Florida. That's my plan anyway. I was very impressed with this boatyard the man repairs and builds deadrise boats. While I may not be a shop you can eat off the floor u can tell it's a working shop. I liked what I saw and I've heard nothing but excellent comments about his work. Plus I got a good vibe when meeting him.
Maybe if we make it back I can get a little dove shooting in this evening time will tell.
JR I'm surprised you are in that territory did you make the wrong turn or something? They talk funny up yonder .J/king .
Everyone have a great day and enjoy your weekend.
Couple of pictures of the inside of the Chesapeake deadrise it's a not frills boat.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plank Rectangle
Property Window Plant Wood Boat
Water Water resources Daytime Sky Tree
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Naval architecture

HHH

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 82º and Sunny here headed for 90.

Yesterdays big event was taking the Wife to a Doctor's appointment. We picked up burgers from our favorite burger joint to take home for lunch. Spent the rest of the day doing nothing.

Not sure what today holds yet. Me and a buddy have reserved tables at next weeks gun show and he may come by with some brass that I promised to help him sort. Sometime during next week I'll deprime and tumble it. The Wife and I will go over to our oldest Son's house tonight to cook out and watch the Razorbacks play.

Prayers offered for those in need and our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
65 and partly cloudy, up from 56 in the hollow at sunrise. Mixed day ahead. I have a few packages to put together and get to the PO before it closes at noon. Then I intend to make a drive to Dry Branch and burn some powder before meeting two new members for an orientation. By the time I get back from that the day will be mostly gone. Saturday night is usually dinner at a local mexican restaurant, plenty to choose from and they are all pretty good. I was guessing rutabaga and wondering how they taste fried. You don't see them much around here, but I've enjoyed them in pasties with Scott and used them in a few stews. I once worked with a guy (telephone co) who ate raw turnips for lunch. Wasn't appetizing to me.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Greyfox…those raw turnips are good, but I can’t stand them cooked.
Skruske… if you made JR buy lunch, he may not be able to go with you all today. He’ll probably still be in shock…. 😂
Well I got the 9mm stuff out for the Dillon, but didn’t get a chance to switch over to it. They called from the infusion center and wanted to see if I still was testing +. So wifey and I loaded up and headed to Well Care office in Elk City. 😵‍💫 still positive, so made an appt for 8:30 Monday morning for another test.
Lightman….I may have to load up my “”treasures “ and share that table with you…. Wish I was closer.
Tire Wheel Cartoon Art Vehicle

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Food Plant Ingredient Recipe Organism

None of Y'all Cultured nuff to know what that Thing was. A Jicama. ??? Carry on.
I am acooking these for supper tonight.
Plant Food Terrestrial plant Vegetable Flowering plant

Plant Plant community Sky Tree Agriculture

Maybe a bit tough.
We are OUT again parade, rummaging, and festival food then Music and Beer tent.
And it is indeed Caturday.
Cat Motor vehicle Mammal Carnivore Mode of transport

Otis is Armed and Dangerous last week.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Good afternoon all. Was 35 this morning, in the low 70s now. Slept in then went to bale oat hay.
Got another field done this morning, started it at four yesterday and ran till eight last night. Little over 900 big square bales on that one.
Also got our straw all baled yesterday. Have to go start another field of oat hay in a bit.
JR. we've had jicama before, not bad the way Gwyn fixes it, also not bad raw in a salad. Some are sweet almost like a apple.
Sure could use a nap and the afternoon off, but guess that will have to wait till winter.
Prayers for those on the road, those with health issues..ect.
GOD BLESS. Dean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts