Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies with fog, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 72°. After the fog gets burn't off it will be a nice sunny day with a mild wind.

Yesterday was a nice day for me as I got to spend it at home, I was busy most of the day though. I got my yard mowed and I had to go and pay the school taxes for the gun club along with other tasks. Today I am going "Up Home" this morning and going fishing, I haven't been able to get out that much this year. This evening my wife and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. I give her a ton of credit for putting up with for this long.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and cloudy here although its still dark. The highs will be in the low to mid 90's.

I'll leave out of here in a little while and head to my Dove field. The season opens today and legal shooting hours will start at 6:12am. I'll meet the crew at 5:30 and lead them in to get set up. Wish us Luck!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 64 and clearing, high of 72 and no rain all weekend.
Yesterday it rained all day. So I stayed home and tinkered. Doing some research and organizing the library. I decided that I have not fired the 222 at all, so I changed the scope, rings and bases. Hopefully I'll not hit the target stand with the first shot.
No big plans for the weekend. Stay home and save money.
Hopefully everyone will have a great time,
Ken

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good Saturday morning, friends. Nothing planned today nor for the whole weekend actually. Labor Day weekend is the one weekend of the year that I plan to no work, just do what I feel like doing. I figure I've earned it. The one thing I will do for sure it attend the local fair and people watch for a while and see if I bump in to anyone I know. Will be at the gun club tomorrow but other than that, we'll go where the spirit moves me to go. Hopefully it will include a bit of fishing and not too much of the honey-do stuff.

Hope you all enjoy the traditional "end of summer" weekend. Ken

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Good morning gents. It’s 65 with very light rain heading for 77 on the south side of Indy. The Coastie grandson is home for a couple of weeks so we’ll spend some time with him, maybe today. Nothing much else on the menu today.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
55° now at 4 AM west coast time, 88° later. We have had no rain in at least 6 weeks here except one day enough to knock the dust down. Slept 3 1/2 hrs not good.
Yesterday was different. I have had stents from both kidneys to the bladder for a couple of weeks. Yesterday they took them out and removed the stones that did not pass. The good part is they had told me they were putting new stents back for two weeks but they didn’t have to.
Not deer tag this year. The unit I like to hunt is way down on tags. I did draw Antelope after 12 years of collecting points. It has been so dry they are offering to give a point and go back in the drawing for next year. I have been buying a point a year so it is not like I wanted to go. With this many points it should be a slams dunk Next year. BLM land is not letting you on 2 tracks, no fires, and you must have a jug of water a full size shovel and 26” handle axe with you.
Lightman, the Meat Eater show on YouTube season 6 opener was on dove hunting. I found it real interesting. I had no clue it was such a big thing and a social event. pretty cool.
Happy 50th to you and your wife George, quite a mile stone.
Have a great weekend and Labor Day folks.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
62 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Squirrel season opens today, usually try and hold off
til after the first.frost to kill any. Tucker.said he was.going to check
his trail cams and will probably hunt between checking them. I may
go and watch the fields for yotes and watch for some squacks .
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 65 going to 80 may get some much needed rain this evening. Twelve more jars of tomatoes were added to the root cellar yesterday, a tree is coming down today when help arrives. A grand anniversary wish to George & Mrs Fostor, and great hunting to LM. Have a great weekend Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
12,656 Posts
Morning folks. It is 57 here and headed to 80 or so later. Going to be a nice day. I worked until 1pm yesterday and decided I had enough. Was such a nice day, I took a walk and checked my trail cameras I set out last weekend. Zero pics on the first one, a half dozen on the other. No bear, just a doe and fawns. Miss Sue and I went out to eat at the distillery and had a nice meal and quiet evening.

Today I need to get some stuff ready to go to VA Beach. Couple fishing rods, tackle and clothes. Have a picnic today at my cousin's. We'll leave for the beach tomorrow early.

Well I need some food and coffee. Better get going. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
160 Posts
middle 60s here this morning in south central Iowa.......
I need to clear the clutter from my reloading bench, get ready to load some .350 Legend for twin 14-years-old grandsons when my dies come in, later next week.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 46 with high 70s today.
Running late again, Gwyn will be home some time today.
Just worked on sprinklers all day yesterday, maybe today I'll get to the rake project. Or not... may bale hay.
Happy anniversary George and Mrs.
Better get, have a great day and weekend. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Another foggy morning in the sticks of Kentucky but sun is peeping out.
My neck and back was so much improved after the neck cracker visit that I cut down a field of Hay, even though rain is in tomorrow's forecast.

Yes, that is Otis's house on the hill and he was very glad to see me back from the trip West.

I.doubt if Skruske checks in this morn as he is on the way home to soothe Bill's nerves. And he apparently parked his rig next to a Strip Bar last evening.

Congrats to George and wife...that is a big milestone. Good luck to Lightman and the dove shoot Event.today
Gabriel, I have put in my time looking out the window at Nothing...at 2AM due to neck injuries. Rough.

Machinery maintenance and dragging a fallen tree out of my hayfield today. Mow yard, cause son was a no show as usual.
Have a nice holiday weekend folks and especially Charlie at the Shore.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
JR…glad the neck is a little better. I’ll take that rain since you have hay down. Son and DIL put down fertilizer on wheat ground yesterday and now just waiting on a rain to plow and sow it.
Dean…hope the wife has a safe trip over the mountains.
George and Mrs….Happy Anniversary. That’s a great accomplishment. Wifey and i have been putting up with each other for 54 years. On our 50th, son and daughter threw a big shindig at the lodge. I think 1/2 the county showed up….good times.
LTR…good luck at the match.
stevelong…. Welcome back and good luck with 350’s (no experience with them here), but lots of experience with shooting with the grandkids.

Wifey and I headed to Clinton, OK tonight for 50th Anniversary supper for banker friend and his wife. We’ve been close friends for a lot of years. His wife still rodeos and trains horses. He has been on many quail and pheasant hunts with me. AND went on a fishing trip to Alaska with me. Great guy.

lightman….. good luck on the dove huntIng. That friend of mine in Blackfish, AR lives for dove season. As I told you, they plant a few hundred acres for just food plots for dove and waterfowl. It is quite a thing in that area. I like to dove hunt, but just never got into waterfowl thing. My thing WAS quail and pheasant. I need to start dove hunting now that I can’t chase the quail and pheasants anymore. I guess I could qualify as permanent “blocker” on the pheasant hunts….LOL

Ordered a Bartlein 6.5 mm 8 twist barrel yesterday for the other defiance action that I swapped for. Gonna be a 6.5 Creed. Still haven’t decided on a stock for the first one.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts