Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
59° here in Upstate NY this morning, another nice day on tap. The high temperature for today is to be about 85°. Tomorrow and Memorial Day there is a chance of rain.

I had another busy day yesterday and today I am going to head "Up Home" and fish for the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Great morning folks,

67° and a bit of cloud cover as rain may move in from the southeast here near Halfway USA. We will likely only get a sprinkle & should have sunshine by late afternoon.

Rummaging yesterday yielded only a few treasures. Not the least of which were a couple coffee cups that match my favorite. A few tools were gleaned. Debra Dearest was busy though. More clothes with the assurance her closet was getting cleaned out. Surprisingly, just one sale with gun or reloading related stuff.

If the rain holds off, I'll be running the mower around. I'm all set up to load 22BR so those need to be done before Prairie Dog Safari 2018.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Good Morning

66 degrees and sunny this morning. All of the yard work got done yesterday and a little bit of brush got burned. Afterward, company arrived and we spent most of the evening in and around the pool.
Spraying for weeds, unloading 30-06 ammo and a graduation party await me today.

Make it a good one

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Good morning from Booneville California, 53 and partly cloudy. Rain yesterday, hope it's past today. We need to work on cleaning the two outside sheds full of reloading tools. Picked up 15 boxes of corispondince yesterday. Have not looked at all the books yet.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Administrator
11,796 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a steamy 72° here with sunshine. Gonna be a hot one. I got the ole widow's yard mowed last night and cut off a dead maple tree for her. I coulda used JR's hay cutter. It was every bit 18" high. If I took my time it didn't go too bad but I was in a hurry so I had some skippers. I'll hit it next week and it'll look good again. Looks a lot better than it did. Miss Sue and I went to one of our favorite places for dinner, then we came home and crashed.

Ready for the weekend. Have to work a raffle today. Tomorrow is clean up for a picnic we are hosting Monday. I'd like to take the boat out, but it'll be too crowded and I need to save a little money. On top of the AC in my truck and house going out at the same time, our well pressure tank took a dump. The joys of home ownership.:rolleyes:

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
morning all. 38 here and on the way to 85 for a high. Could get really breezy too. :eek: That ought to keep things dried out.
Just worked on sprinklers then late in the day I pulled the big blue tractor back in the shop, still has a antifreeze leak and the dealer sent the wrong parts.:mad:
Running late again this morning, not really running, just dragging along slowly!:eek:
Have a great day and weekend. Remember all those that went before us and made this country great.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Good morning from PD Safari 2018, Phase I, in central SD somewhere south of Murdo.
I won't try and name all the attendees as many none of you would know anyway. But Mikey (AHA KY Fisherman) says Hey. If I count correctly there are eleven of us from TN, ID, KY & AL. We arrived here yesterday morning, set up camp and began eradicating pests (prairie dogs) calling it a day about 11 last night. Drew's Brews is currently being consumed and planning for the coming day is progressing. Looks like I don't have enough juice to get all the pics unloaded, so I'll try and send one or two. Regards to all.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Thank you Greyfox for the photos of the Indian encampment on the prairie, lots of teepees so it must be Injuns. Wish I was there with y'all but I am tied to the Damcow farm in Kentucky for a bit. Yesterday hay got fluffed, hay got raked, and hay got rolled into balls. Only one bit of drama. As I twisted a couple belts on the hay roller. Boss Man was not concentrating and made a mistake.

Today I am faced with a weather forecast full of rain showers for the next week at least. I may go ahead and cut some hay anyway, just not too much. 50 cent chance for the rest of the month.
You can't ball it up if you don't cut it down.
I am expecting #2 son later today so Judy Brown expe d's me to cook something. I suppose she is going on more graveyard tours with her cousin from Indiana.

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Good morning all.....just crawling out of bed in Grand Junction Colorado. It was pretty uneventful until we hit traffic miles before exit 62....after a lo g period of stop and go we got detoured because of a canyon fire. We had to take us65 south that was a winding climbing SOB....lretty much took us through the Grand Mesa national park and up and over a mountain...it was dark and we just followed a few thousand cars it seemed like 4 hours out of the way to get back to here.

I did get to see a lot of praire dogs along I70 in western KS and eastern CO.

Well time to drag everyone out of bed as we bit a hotel at 1 am this morning.

Everyone have a good day and those on PD safari bust a bunch of dogs.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Mornin boys...
69 and rain here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Went to a graduation last nite and didn't make it home
til almost 11. Several kids, family and some that had been
in our 4-B shooting club crossed the stage.
Don't know what we're getting into today but we'll see.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Very breezy and abt 81° @ noon.
Very, very long day y'day. Had looked for a replacement vehicle for Dinah via the 'net for a week. LSS went "on the road" up through Columbus, Greenwood then Indy. Got SO tired of the absolute BS being spouted that by the time to he last rep was launching into his spiel of "what they had in the unit", he paused and looked at me saying I looked like I wasn't interested in hearing a sales pitch....so what would I give. After looking at cars out to 500 mi, I was on the market. Having sold for Chry and Ford dlrs in a former life......you sell your story, don't buy theirs. Had to put some $ with the insurance settlement but picked up significant miles and no compromises with Dinah's color requirements, and to me, that was important. Gladly closing that door and moving on.
Bud at church welded up some threaded 1 1/2" black pipe female pcs on plates for a shooting bench. Just need to trig the legs for length then go to Home Despot who will cut to length and thread for free for less $ than one 20' stick at local store. The only down side is 10' sticks and prob come up short on the fourth leg. I could explore a glue and screw spacer to sneak out a bit of extra hgt. With rest hgt having a decent amount of adjustment, it may work out if the rear bag doesn't come up short.
There is a 550b somewhere between here and CA....it would be nice if it hit today for the w/e.
However, my Pastor passed last night so with that and a Grand's Award Day Tues, Dinah will be one of the dinner volunteers and up to her shell pink ears in assisting w the details. Then VBS in two weeks.
Hope the temps are mild, the winds favorable and good times abound for our Roadies, dog shooters and the rest uvvus left at station H. Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts