Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
52° here in Upstate NY this morning with a high temperature of about 71° expected for the day. The next four or five days are supposed to be dry and nice.

We got the cement floors in the new shooting pavilions yesterday morning and then the Pres. and I went back up and moved the bench rests and tables back onto them. That project is done and looks great. Needless to say I was tired when it was all done and I slept good last night.

This morning I am going "Up Home" to spend time fishing, I wish I could be so lucky to catch a nice bass as Kermit. No matter I will enjoy just being up there.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Good Morning from Grand Junction Colorado. 63 now with some light rain in the forecast. We wanted to make a detour through Rocky Mountain National Park but there's no campgrounds available to drop the trailer. I guess we will just keep moving towards home.
Hope everyone has a blessed weekend,
Ken

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
70º and partly cloudy in the hollow. My wife is off on a kayak/birding trip this morning and as soon as the coffee level is correct I'm off to the range to test some new bullets in three rifles. Except for a little noise it should be peaceful as I'll be the only one there. Like to get it done before things heat up and get into the 90's by this afternoon.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
morning all. 38 to start the 9th of June! Will get to about 85 with 30mph winds. That'll help the forest fires move along!:eek:
Really busy day yesterday, sprinkler problems, swapping equipment around on tractors, trying to get ready to cut hay ect.
More of the same for today too.
Gwyn is gone to visit the Grand kids and their parents too. Will be home late this afternoon or evening.
I tried to sleep in but couldn't, now running late so...
Have a great day and weekend. Safe travels to Ken and be safe all.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Mornin boys...
62 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Brother called last night and asked if I wanted
to fish today, had to pass it up. Still ain't passed
the stone. It hurt some last night but I slep pretty good.
Hope you catch a bunch George...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 68° here in southcentral PA with some cloud cover. Might get some storms. I was supposed to be fishing with a bud today, but I'm not. Long story.:rolleyes: I could have taken our boat, but decided to skip it and save a little money. Have plenty to do around here. Going to work at the shop a bit, then try to fix some fiberglass issues on the boat (cosmetic). Hopefully tomorrow isn't a rain out and I can get it waxed. More rain on the way. Looks like Sun thru Tues. At least I got the widow neighbor's yard mowed last night.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Great morning all,

Rainy and 60° with not much change from that for a few hours here near Halfway USA.

Busy day yesterday. Lunch & laughs with some old work buddies. Car show in the afternoon & evening. Got home & greased the front end on the old Ranchero. It was still light out at 9pm so I crawled under the Redneck Limo and installed the new sway bar links in anticipation of today's rain.

Looks like reloading bench time this morning.

Debra Dearest has eased closer to the idea of getting a different vehicle. Found 3 that met here EXACT requirements/request. Then she changed her mind. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
Beautiful sunny day here so far with thunderstorm s forecasted for the next week. The hay I cut down is all rolled up into balls and most of it is lined up in rows. Now I have to. Make xa decision on whether to cut down more in the face of a bad weather forecast, it didn't work out well the last time.

Judy Brown and #2 son made.it back from Washington DC last night, they had a big time visiting the White House, capital, and Pentagon. The stopped by George Washington house on the way back, but he was already dead. I would say Judy Brown will spent today at the nursing home visiting her mother.

Speaking of dead folks, old Anthony Bordain passed on. I watched a bit of his show even though he was a condescending liberal drug addict. Guess money and fame didn't help him much.
Also I see Charles Krauthammer is near death due to cancer. Smartest commentator on tv., I miss his reports.

Coyote George not only ain't dead, he is having a ball with that new smoker. I took him a Quart of Powerade and he gave me a piece of hog he had cooked. It was EXCELLENT, very good job buddy.

Off and on the way to service machinery and change implements around. Getting ready to move everything to Otis's house and start there.

·
Administrator
1,715 Posts
Good Saturday morning

80* and sunny here in the northern Ozarks. Supposed to get up in the low 90's this afternoon and no rain. Man we could sure use some moisture here.

Just returned last night from a trip to Holly CO. Was doing some shooting up north of there. Not many dogs at all and the wind was really blowing 20 to 30 mph wind the whole time. Talked to several people around Holly and all had the same story. Hot, dry and windy. If you all are not aware, Heck has moved to Pueblo and is no longer a Holly fixture. We stayed in the Holly Inn Hotel. Not bad but up two flights of stairs. Neat old place from 1886. Plenty rustic.

Great to be back home again and get some rest. Did have a good time visiting with old friends from earlier trips out that way. You all have a great weekend and for goodness sake stay out of trouble. God bless.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
mrmurl, hope you guys had an ice cream cone for Heck? I had not heard that Heck moved to Pueblo. Thanks for the update.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts