Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
32° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 37°.

I spent an couple of hours yesterday cleaning out my driveway of snow. I thought we only got about 4" the way it looked on my deck railing but we actually got closer to 12". I have a large snow blower so it wasn't that bad, I also went up to the neighbors and cleaned out the front of their driveway for them.

Today is the opening day of deer season here, I have had four bucks right around my place all summer and fall so we will see.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. 36 this morning in NC Ohio with thick clouds, no sun rays today. Well as soon as this cup of Columbian is gone I need to get out to the stove and stuff it for a slow burn today. I plan on slow smoking a 12 lb. turkey for thanksgiving in the Weber smoker. Would appreciate any advice from the 4 star chefs on this board that I can get. Everyone have a great real weekend. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Good morning

37 degrees and headed for the mid 40’s later today.
Great day yesterday ! It was Dad’s birthday so I took the day off work. We started off at the Cracker Barrel and spent most of the day fishing. It was cold, breezy and we didn’t have much luck but we were dressed for it and it was nice to spend a day on the water.
Yesterday evening all of the kids, grandkids, and the one great- granddaughter got together at Mom and Dad’s for supper. Seemed like Early Christmas with everyone getting together and having fun getting caught up on how the summer went and just enjoying one another’s company. Like I said earlier...it was a great day yesterday.

I’ve got a big bucket of shiny brass that needs to be loaded. I’m headed to the bench now.

Good luck to all those deer hunters out there today.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good morning, 44 in Texas, high near 70. Then more rain and colder for next week. Wife and I took a walk yesterday evening, really enjoyed it. RV roof is fixed, still need to replace tires damage, the entrance door is patched with duct tape, should be good to go till next spring. Need to trim the trees next week.
Not much planned today, just taking it easy.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Good morning all.....at the shop this morning when I really wanted to be in a tree. I bought my deer tags and got my 6.5CM sighted in and ready to go but I decided at the last minute to work this morning because the sons cousin said he was available to help today. So I wasn't going to say no to help. I'll just go later this afternoon.

Getting closer to finishing the 2nd set of furnace beams and I still have a semi trailer to weld some cracks up on so hopefully it warms up a little in a bit and I'll go out and hit that job.

Well have a nice day and stay safe if your in the woods!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. 20 here, should get into the high 40s, maybe the 50s. Was into the 50s yesterday, really nice for November. Think the wind will blow today, storm brewing north of us.
We got the big bunch of damcows preg tested yesterday, 350 of them done by 12:30. Back in a new cleanup pasture by 2:00. Went really well!
Even took time last evening to try some callin', had coyotes howl back at me but none came out to play.:(
Breakfast is waiting so better get, have a great weekend.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 37° here with sunshine, but it's chilly and windy. Good day to sleep in. I got the 4 wheeler workong last nihht after work. Choke was partially on and it was dark the other night when acting . Seafoamed the fuel anyway and it ran great. Plowed the widow neighbor out and cleaned the snow off the boat. Miss Sue and I went out for dinner and were in bed early. I think I'm still on daylight savings time.

Have to work today a bit at the shop. After that I'll need to come home and finish butchering. I traded a deer ham for some deer bologna a coworker is making next week. Win win for me. He makes the bologna and butchers that hind quarter, ang gives me rolls of bologna. I have to do nothing. I do have the trimmings to grind today. Making Italian Sausage I guess. Also have loins to cut up and another hind quarter to trim up. I think I'll smoke it for Christmas.

Coffee is ready. Better go. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
200 Posts
Had a good frost here this morning, wish I had been able to buzz the grass before so it would stunt it a bit more if we get another warm spell here. Need to winterize the yard equipment now before it gets too cold/cool to do it.

Spent the day yesterday hiding in the "mancave" getting a couple new rifles cleaned up, adjusted, etc., and ready for the first range trip while the guys were working on remodeling the kitchen. Wife gets a "new" kitchen (flooring, appliances, granite counter tops, lighting, etc) and I get 3 new rifles ;). Not a fair trade $$ wise, but I got what I wanted and NO lip service either.

A few minor chores around the house, may have to help the daughter move some furniture if she gets motivated enough to do it today and stay out of the way of the counter top guys who are "scheduled" to come today to install 'em. I'm trying my best to "NOT" supervise those guys but it's hard. :rolleyes: Kitchen is the wife's project, not mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good luck hunting those pesky deers George

Hope the snowfall in your area is nothing like we got in the Binghamton area.

Weather guessers are forecasting a little snow today which should cover the
remaining accumulation on the ground. Should help if having to track a deer.

My deer hunting days ended years ago. Got old.

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
Morning

Good late morning all. It's a cloudy 38 in Indy. Rumor mongers say we may get to 43. Township warming maybe. Not much going on here today. The New Palestine Dragons play for a semi-state championship this afternoon. If they win this one, they'll play for the state championship at Lucas Oil Stadium next weekend. I'll listen to the game on the radio. There's a app called TuneIn and New Pal Radio will be broadcasting live at 4:00.

Put a Timber Creek Heart Breaker muzzle brake on the .224 Valkyrie last night. The recoil wasn't bad but I'm hoping the brake will make it like shooting a rimfire. We shall see. The brake is available several places online for $69 - $89. I paid $46 at my favorite gun shop. The only thing I don't like is it's installed with a jam nut instead of a crush washer and leaves a little gap below the nut when the brake is clocked. Don't guess the gun will notice.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Good late by a little morning boys...
Me and the boys went hunting this morning.
I missed a yote about 325 yards this morning.
Had 4 run through the field I was watching right after daylight.
I whistled to try and stop'em and had my scope set a 6 power instead of
12. Used the hash for 350 and shot way over him. Elijah killed a doe this evening
and passed a 3 point this morning, Tucker seen deer about all day, he never left the stand all day. This evening he text that he saw 2 bears climbing a tree about 100 yards from his stand. Ended up being 3, Momma and 2 cubs. So, only 1 deer but we had a good day seeing stuff about all day.
Now to go skin it out and cut into quarters and get in the fried.
Hope you all had a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Sounds like a good day to me.
At least you weren't the tagged for the mule work. 😕 😉

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Tom...they do most of the drag'in and skinn'in now.
We already got it in the fridge and washed up. Took about 10 mins.
Ask Wayne Mc about our skin'in pole...lol
He says he won't get within 10' of us while we're piling the hide off...lol

Underdog

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Too many flashing, shiny edges eh?
Orrr, you done taught your guys how to flash???? Heh heh 😉

1 - 17 of 17 Posts