Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Saturday Morning

779 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Kermit in Va. 
Good morning, GoGo. It's 35 in Louisville. We're supposed to see some sun and a high of 44 for the day. Fairly typical Kentucky winter, maybe a bit warmer and wetter than average the past few weeks.

Earlier this year I replaced the Weaver T-36 on my Savage 6BR with a Sightron 10x50x60 variable. What I didn't consider was that the Sightron would weigh nearly twice as much as the old Weaver, thus pushing me over the 13.5 pound weight limit for UBR contests. Yikes! I made weight in the UBR Nationals on Labor Day weekend by boring out the stock some more and removing the recoil pad. But yesterday I took care of the problem by replacing my Burris Signature Zee Rings and Ken Farrell one-piece steel scope base with aluminum parts from the Harrell Brothers. Saved 9 ounces, which means I get my recoil pad back and then some. I started a separate thread that gives the exact weight I saved on the individual parts. For those who might be wondering, the Harrell's shop is still operating as it always has, send the parts out with an invoice and tell you to send a check after you've tried things out and know they're gonna work for you.

I've procrastinated, as usual, and have to get out and pick up some gifts for Miss Cindy today. Wish me luck.

Charlie Sterner you're a good man for taking care of your neighbor, the widow lady, and I enjoy hearing you mention her. You need to post a picture of her sometime.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.