Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56° here in Upstate NY this morning. The high temperature for today is to get up to about 70°. We had a shower last evening and there is a chance of a couple of sprinkles today.

Yesterday was a nice day a little windy but other than that nice. I was able to work here and got some things done for myself also. Today I hope works out the same way. One thing I have to do today is get my taxes mailed in.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 56 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Today is opening day of Turkey season. We went out last nite
and kinda celebrated Elijah birthady. My boys have growed up on
me and I really don't like it...lol
Makes it hard this time of year to deside what to do, fish or turkey hunt.
We really like both...lol
My brother caught several more yesterday evening. Had a couple straighten
the books out on his plugs. Landed another 16 lb. 1.
Better start getting ready, boys will be in to wake me up soon...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas. 56,cloudy and supposed to rain all day.
Nothing done yesterday, need to aim higher today. Maybe head to my favorite coffee shop.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

A Great Morning from NC Ohio. 43 now going up with sunshine today. More yard work is on the agenda for today, hope to have the lawn mowed and some grillin' done by dark. Us old folks don't like being out in the dark. At least this one doesn't !! Be safe out there and Prayers for those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Clear sky, 35° with a little breeze here near Halfway USA. 53° later and winds will increase a bit as the last of the huge storm system plays out. Most of it moved toward Hudson Bay & I'm glad to see it gone.

Deb & I visited the funeral home up in our old home town. The neighbor lady passed away. We chatted with the family & they remarked how Mrs.Wheeler often talked about the boys and how we were good neighbors. She was the only one who got away with calling our son Dougie. She was born in Hardburly Coal camp in Hardburly Kentucky.

Once back home the weather had cleared and I spent much of the rest of the day in the barn. Processing brass & building a couple AR15 lowers rounded out the activities for the rest of the day.

Corey stopped by for a visit. Sounds like he will be buying some land from a neighbor. Adding some 50 acres to the 9 he already owns. Good for him.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we seem to have a cloudy day but it is WARM at 55° and counting. I had a hard day yesterday. I hooked a 25 ft cedar tree to the tractor and drug COW Piles down in 2 fields the Damcows stayed in this winter and they were very bumpy. My back is not good today. I had just laid down to rest it when Skruske 's boy Rick came over to nail blown up roofing on the Barn. I had to get up and help him with the ropes and ladders but glad to get the roof repaired.

Today's job is already on the way. Justin and his buddy are on the way with a big trailer to get 10 more rolls of hay for their cows. It's a long trip for hay, but hay is unavailable in Meade county. I heard a quote of $75 ! A roll for barn hay. Dean, you lose money fast like that.

I guess I better get going because they are 30 minutes away, and I have to worry the neighbors loader to load the trailer. I am almost out of hay MYSELF, but maybe the grass will get growing soon.
Y'all have a good day, be safe and MPC you better run that woman off afore it gets Dark tonite. You might be tempted!
SKRUSKE, old Corey has gone and done it with that dishwasher...it ain't so funny anymore is it?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
morning all. 24 this morning, not sure what the high will be.
Running late, guess I was really tired yesterday, fell asleep on the couch then Gwyn woke me and went to bed, slept in and was daylite before we got up. Now the rush is on. Should be checking cows already and haven't even got my boots on :eek
But better get. Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,439 Posts
Good morning folks. Sitting in the Urgent Care facility waiting to see a doc. Yesterday was not good and I left work early. Got home and slept a bit and felt better, than last night was awful. Coughing up. Lung, fever, chills, snooty nose. Yuck. Didn't sleep a wink. Hopefully they get me fixed up.

Have a funeral today but doesn't look like I'm going to make it. It's a shame, today is beautiful and I have so much to do. :(

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning gang, 57 and climbing. Their is a gunshow today in Somerset, may go to it, don't know how far I will be able to walk. I am taking an original 1873 model Springfield Trapdoor to sell/trade on. The outside varies from patina to brown rust, but the bore is bright and shiny, and it shoots great, should find a buyer at $600. Hope everyone has a good day, remember those in prayer who need it, Buff out!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Meanwhile on the Left Banks

Friday was our 39 anniversary so we went to the beach for the weekend. Here I sit with the sun coming up.
Get better soon Charlie ya need the lungs

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
57 with clouds and light rain in the hollow. Most everything is spring green with redbuds and some dogwood beginning to bloom. I had planned to make two different trips to matches today, but neither worked out and as I didn't really look forward to getting up at 3:30 that's just as well. It's quiet in the house with the supervisor in Iowa for the W/E, but the dogs are doing what they usually do, sleeping on the couches. Not sure just what I'll do today, but it probably will be done slow whatever it is.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.