Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature is to only get up to about 45° with showers. Tonight we may get some snow and then a snow/rain mix turning to all showers. Wonderful weather for late April.

Yesterday it was a rainy day off and on and it was windy. I was glad I was busy all day as you couldn't enjoy the weather. Today I will be tied up with gun club business.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

44 here in NC Ohio, sunny this morning and showers later, we could take a break right now with the water . Need to talk to Doug about guiding these showers JR's way!! I need to swing thru the grocery and meet an old HS friend for breakfast. I need to decide which rifle to shoot at BBB Ruger/22-250 or Savage 204? Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 56 and cloudy. Yesterday I went out early and took macro pictures of the bugs and bee's. I got a few good ones, but there is a lot to learn about that type of photography. I might try again today.
Other than that nothing is on the schedule.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Mornin boys...
43 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Boy took off hunting and I had planned to do
nothing today. Boss man text me last nite after I
had went to sleep and asked if I was doing anything today.
He always asks a ? if he would like you to do something. I sent him a
text when I seen his this mornin and he's going to a equipment action in
Tn. and wanted me to go. Guess I'm headed to Tn...lol
He's a boss you can't say no to, he has your back, and you know it.
Anytime I want off to fish or hunt, he has no problem with it. So, when he
needs something, I do my best to help.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS..ain't got nothing ready for the BBB, but that's not nothing new...lol
MPC, don't worry bout a gun...you can shoot my little RUGER...
RUGER RULES !!!

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Morning boys and girls. It was 47 and blowing a gale st 5am when I left the house. First day of Turkey season. Got to "my" spot and turkeys were going nuts across the road. Then I met the new neighbor. Seems like a nice guy, a hunter, and said there's plenty of room to be neighborly. At least he's not a damn tree hugger. Moved and left him have it. Ain't heard nothing anywhere else on the hill. Sounds like they're on hens and shut up when they hit the ground. Typical

Gotta work in a bit. Think I'll head back to the house and fry up some mushrooms. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Just 32° at the sun rises over the trees into a blue sky here near Halfway USA. 52° with some rain moving in later today.

The ride from the Greyfox hacienda was pretty good until we crossed into Indiana. I suppose I should issue a travel advisory. I'm pretty sure the route we took was under destruction the entire way. Except for Indianapolis. Anything labeled "interstate" was a parking lot. I suppose it was so folks could watch the demolition derby. Though it had a lot to do with the dead end right on the south side of Indy. 5 lanes of expressway simply blocked off. Good luck to Doug & Julie when they need to escape. Hopefully they know a secret damncow path to get out of that mess.

The ******* Limo ran smooth as it ever has & we pulled into the Halfway House about 10pm. It'll need just a little service before rolling south to BBB.

Debra Dearest is pleased with what she sees out the windows. 100's of Daffodils are in bloom as are some of the Tulips. The ornamental trees are just starting. Grass turned green while we were gone & that will get a trimming come Monday or so.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 59º and clear here headed for the upper 70's. It looks like we'll get some rain later today and tonight. Sure was a nice day yesterday and today looks the same.

I spent the day in the loading room yesterday. I did some straightening up and then messed with those pesky 9mm's until I got tired and then sized enough 223's for a Prairie Dog hunt.

It looks like today is going to be spent with the Grandkids. The oldest Grandson is playing ball today. Its a tournament so they play at 9:00 and at least one other time, depending on winning or loosing. And again tomorrow. Tonight the oldest Granddaughters are in a pageant where they have to wear a dress made from recycled stuff. One of them made Her dress from Toilet paper and paper towel tubes and the other from pop tops.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 36 to start off another windy day, low 60s later, still a chance of moisture but mostly just wind.
It really blew around 2 this morning, woke us both up, haven't been out to see what all blew away yet.
Got one more sprinkler serviced yesterday in the wind, then worked on the big disc in the afternoon. Also whacked a couple p-dogs in the field where that sprinkler is. :D
Will try for another sprinkler today, maybe more.
Better get, slept in so running late again. Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have a chilly 39° but i had a fire in the wood stove last night. If i have wood on the back porch, I'm going to be warm.
Our internet is in the Toilet this morning so I can't even upload a photo. Maybe I should call out Skruske.

I'm still on VACATION as Judy Brown went to middle son's house to watch Grandkid while he went to a **** Hound gathering in Washington county. No I don't know where it is either.

I have water...free water...running into my spray tank in the backyard. It takes a while for gravity fed 300 gallons to fill.. Then i will spray more Buttercup, the scorge of Kentucky pasture fields. I hope i don't forget to add the 2 4 D.

Just the mention of Skruske's nane and the internet returned.

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
JR...we're headed to horrible freight and tractor supply this afternoon. Have to pick up a new backpack sprayer and some crossbow for the lawn weeds. And a bag of preemergent for the flower beds. Have 6 yards of mulch sitting in the driveway to spread tomorrow, weather pending.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Saturday

Good Saturday AM all. It's 43 and partly sunny heading for the uppah fiddies on the soggy south side of Indy. Just got home from the pancake joint where they are celebrating their 10th anniversary with a Hawaiian theme. I thought they'd been there longer than that but cute waitresses in grass skirts and leis may have confused me. The one waiting on us said they had a ceremony they called "getting lei-ed". I had...........something for breakfast. Don't recall what it was, now.

Daughter had her 2nd immunotherapy infusion yesterday. Other than convincing the infusion nurse to not insert the IV in the back of her hand it went off without a hitch. Nurse went for her hand and Jen refused. For some reason, using the back of her hand makes her very nauseous. She's having a port put in for the remainder of the treatments. They'll do four infusions before they do another scan to check the progress. So far, the only side effects she's had are fatigue and itching but they say others may show up. She's buying anti-itch lotion by the barrel. I'm relieved that the treatments have gone so well so far. They've also got the insurance boondoggle squared away.

Skruske, they don't do anything on the highways around here [email protected]$$. They just close 'em and say good luck drivers. None of that silly close one lane and back up things for a mile. They shut 'er down and back things up for three miles. Julie's planning on going downtown for a Well Armed Woman event this evening. They call it Fashion and Firearms. She's gonna' have to use an alternative route since 65 north is closed from Southport Rd (our exit) all the way downtown. It's a mess. Yesterday was no doubt worse since they also temporarily closed 70 between downtown and the airport for Trump and Pence's caravans. Our escape route runs generally south from here. Downtown is seldom in our plans.

Grandson is wanting to play golf today but it's too wet. I'm heading out east to see the New Palestine Dragons high school softball game at noon. They're good enough that some rankings have had them in the top 25 in the country.

Enough wind from here. Y'all have a good day.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all, 47 headed to 64 today here in KY. Did not do much yesterday, just ran some errands, etc. Need to work on the net fence around my garden today, keep the dog out an chickens. What we planted the other day is looking good, still has not even wilted. Have a good day, Buff out!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Doug, getting an infusion in the hand hurts like crazy. Been there, done that. Not a good time. Too many nerves and tendons all jammed up, and not enough muscle to stick, at least that is my rationale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.