Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature going up to about 64°. It has rained some overnight and we have a chance of some more rain today.

It was an off and on day yesterday for rain here and other than that it was a decent day. Today being the opening day of our walleye season I had hopes of going "Up Home" this morning and fish for them. Those plans have went out the window as the river up there is way up and muddy again. Well I will have enough work to do between computers and the gun club so that is what I will be doing.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 46 and partly cloudy, might not rain. I leaving this morning for California. My route takes me past Mt Rushmore but it's looking like I will be skipping it to chase a train leaving Cheyenne this morning. The goal is to meet with the UP's Bigboy 4014 in Evanston WY Monday morning. Take lots pictures then heading to Ogden Utah and the Browning museum. I need to be in California on Thursday. It's 2000. Miles so should be able to make it work.
Found another "treasure" yesterday. Stopped by the little gun shop to chat and they had a TC Hawkin that we talked about last November. I ended up with it and a fully equipped range box. It has been shot a lot but is in fine condition. And it's ready to go to the range. I need to find time to make that happen.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 55 in Indy heading for 60. Radar shows a big green and yellow thing heading this way. Long day today. I’m up early for no real reason and Julie’s flight from Arkansas is due here at midnight. There will be a nap in there somewhere.

The day has started. Have a good one.

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
Mornin bpys...
63 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Tucker has done left and Me and Elijah is ready to
head out hunting. Another church is having a get together
for kids and asked if we would come and do a safty thing so we're
headed there after we hunt. 1 of the guys had a cookout last nite and
invited us, had about a 2 hour notice but we made it. Didn't know it but
when we got there, Billy Yargus was there. Him and another guy with him has
hunted the last few days here. Both were really nice guys. They'll be at the church
today too for the kids thing.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

A good real Saturday morning everyone it's 47 with some *** here in NC Ohio. I got my blood tests and x-rays back yesterday, he was not happy I'm really not happy. Looks like I won't be making the trip to BBB by myself, my sister was thinking about going but she has the Arthur as bad. I'm have to learn how to post pictures to stay in touch with everyone hopeful that I can make it next year. Time to have a cup of coffee and go wrangle some breakfast, much easier than cattle!!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Happy Derby Day

57 degrees here this morning and it looks like I won’t get any grass mowed before it starts to rain.
Went to a get-together last night and met up with some folks I don’t get to see very often. We do it every year on the night before the Derby but this year the party broke up a lot earlier than it has in years past. I guess we have become the old guys but I’m OK with that.
A few chores to do this morning and a Derby party later today. Little Miss Martha should be home from her Cleveland adventure later this evening and I’m sure she will have some good stories to tell.
Safe travels to those on the road today.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Great morning all,

I'm pleased to report the temperature did not get below 40° last night here near Halfway USA. In fact it's 41°, the sky is mostly clear & we might get to 65° later. Forecast says 71° for tomorrow & it is most welcome.

After sorting a several hundred .223 cases, Deb & I ran off and did a few errands. That also meant stopping at a couple rummage sales. Found a bargain on a 40oz Estwing bashin' tool. I put it in the tool chest next to the other one I have. :D Also got a ball peen hammer head that I also did not need. I fitted a handle to it, sanded & varnished it. I suppose that one will go to the grandkids on the next trip. Afterall, every 5 year old NEEDS a 20oz damage device.

Barn cleaning & more brass prep' for today. Might be able to push the mower around later this afternoon. Won't be able to get the big mower out until tomorrow as the yard is way too soft for it.

·
Administrator
13,448 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 61° here with clouds and maybe some fog. We had some really good storms last night, dog spent the night in the bathroom hiding. Lots of thunder but no winds or damage that I know of. I was up early to hunt turkeys and went back to bed. Need my beauty sleep. :rolleyes: Miss Sue put a bowl on my head and cut my hair while the pot was perking. Feel 10 lbs lighter. Speaking of weight, I'm down 15 lbs since Jan 1 and my old pants are starting to make me look gangsta...falling off my @as. Time for new shorts and jeans. :)

JR, looks like the X-bow has helped with the weeds. I can tell some spots are wilting already, and others may need retreated, but even the clover and violets seem to be dying. Next issue is moles! I just spent 15-20 min squishing down mole trails. I have some mole repellent to put out, guess I should use it?

Had a nice dinner at a new BBQ joint in town. Food wasn't up to par with mine obviously :rolleyes: but it has potential. We need a good BBQ joint in town, and think he'll do well,. I heard about the place the other week. He's been doing some marketting on "borough vent" a local website where snowflakes and libturds like to piss and moan about Borough happenings and other things that don't matter. His posts there apparently went over like a turd in a punch bowl. He's got them pretty riled up and I think they banned him. I figured that's the kinda place I'll support.:D

Well I need to finish my coffee and jump in the shower. Need a quick breakfast then head to the gun shop to pick up a load of guns. Have an all day gun drawing to work. Busy, long ass day. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
morning all. 30 here with a nice day ahead... maybe. Was yesterday so not sure we can handle two in a row.
Long day yesterday but got around 155 calves branded and their mommas vaccinated and some hauled out to a fresh pasture.
Not sure what I'll get done today, could just go back to bed, head pounding, neck stiff... whine, whine , whine. :eek:
Way to much smoke in the lungs yesterday, but hard to brand with out smoke!
Better get something to eat and get moving, usually gone by now.
Have a great derby day and be safe out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
It's cooler at 60° this morning and looks to be a cloudy day. No Rain for here, but Doug Roberts is going to get wet running from the truck to the pancake house. No golfs to hunt in Indianapolis today.
Louisville and the Derby is probably going to get more rain, my son that lives in the area said they got 3 inches the last few days.

We suppose to be in Louisiana at the Crawfish Festival but Judy Brown has an event here to attend today. It's raining in Breaux Bridge anyway today. Middle son Justin is coming down, so i am cooking some meat outside today...have just started the fire. I'm buying one of those Lectric things soon.

Be sure to check on Dean and the Boss Man's Calf Branding thread.
I enjoyed the photos so i shared them with you.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Morning is gone now and I'm just now checking in. At the shop but nothing that makes money is going on. Just watching/helping Tony figure out his free boat is costing him more and more money.:D Block was busted from freezing so he had another 4.3l GM but was too new so now we found another that should work once it gets pulled from the truck and it will get rebuilt.

Bought another weed eater this morning....a Huskvarna so hopefully its better than the little turd I had before...don't know when I'll get to use it since it's still wet and nasty out.

Today is the monthly car cruise uptown....when we was in highschool we used to cruise Broad street, people would show up from all over....even used to see lots of Buckeyes show up there too. That went on for decades then I guess cops and the city started cracking down and it stopped. Cars would be backed up from one end to the other.

Now they promote it once a month and everyone drags out their old cars and hotrods,bikes and trucks to burn gas all evening. Looking like rain for a while so turn out will be low and not sure if I will get the El Camino out or not.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.