Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
46° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies and we will have fog for a time. The high today will be up to about 70° with a light wind and sunny conditions. No rain for today is predicted but tomorrow we will be getting some hopefully. We really need it as it is very dry and has been.

Yesterday I was on the road for a time in the morning and then I got to be around home in the afternoon. I sent in an order to Midway for some bullets as they had free shipping on orders over $49. I got some more 75 HP Sierra's and 85 HPBT's Sierras for my 243's and 6mm's. This morning I am going to head Up Home to do some fishing, it may be the last time for this year.

I hope KF and Rick have a good time at the nationals and they both do well.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Good Saturday Morning from NC Ohio. The temp at the ol' maple is at 57.2 this morning going to 85 with rain tonight. Attended my uncle Jerry's grave side service yesterday. he was 88 and enjoyed his sulky horses all his life. I believe today will be the last bean picking, its getting late in the season. Time to do something even if its wrong! Be safe and healthy. Prayers for all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Great morning folks,

A cloudy sky and light breeze goes along with the 54° temperature to start off our day here near HalfwayUSA. 73° for the high later.

Well rummaging did not happen yesterday. For what ever reason, traffic was just plane stupid. There is plenty of crazy going on right now & I my brief interaction with better judgement told me to turn around and go back home. We did make it to HomeDepot where I bought new kitchen sink baskets. Those only took 15 minutes to install. At 16 minutes I was satisfied there was going to be a leak.

A large portion of the afternoon was spent splitting and stacking wood. The trailer is empty and the truck has about one face cord until it is empty.

I was given what looks like about 3 truck loads of firewood yesterday. One of Deb's customers wants it gone & offered it to us for simply hauling it away. It is close by & I will be picking it up Monday. The overflow will be stacked behind the woodshed.

Perhaps we'll have better luck rummaging today. I will be able to finish emptying the truck later this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 55 and raining, been raining all afternoon yesterday, all night and into the morning. Supposed to stop later today. Heavy dark clouds looks to much like winter.
I was too tired to work much yesterday, today is better. I have all the tools out of the RV, now I need to make room in the garage for them.
Dinner with my daughter last night was good.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
64 here this morning with rain predicted later this evening. Absolutely beautiful yesterday with a high temp of only 73°. Spent a big part of the day cleaning out Mom’s basement. They’d loved there for 47 years and accumulated a lot of stuff. It has inspired me to start cleaning mine out as well.
Looking forward to a report on the first day of the UBR Nationals. Wishing them all luck here on day 2.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says it 70 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Tried my best to sleep in and did a little bit.
Good luck to all the guys at the UBR Nationals ...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 62 and lightly raining here, passing shower I guess. Glad I got my yard mowed yesterday. Slept in a bit but will need to get moving. Have to run the dresser down to my daughter's and help the unload a washer and dryer, then run back home and work a gun thing tonight. It's a seafood banquet at the fire hall. I like working this one.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Good morning from the Sticks of KENTUCKY where we too may have a bit of rain later. All my Hay is DONE cept for a bit of lectric fence. I am out of Rebar posts. JB is back and going to cruise a funeral home this am. May send her after a few posts.

Autumn has arrived with lower temps and leaves on walnut trees dropping fast.
Yesterday, I actually got to Talk with another Human. A fella stopped by from another forum and we visited for a couple hours on the porch.
I have lost all my social skills since I only talk to Damcows and Cats.

A neighbor has a sick wife in Lexington hospital, going to ask if we need to do his fall hay cause she is terminal.
I was informed yesterday that Damcalves may need to leave for market soon, because of probable Chaos in November.

Dean has a new pet. It ran across the road in front of him yday near his house.

Hang in there folks, keep your AR 15s close.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
69º and cloudy in JUnction City KY at the UBR Nationals. Sitting here next to KF. Neither of us shot well yesterday, but today is another day. I will say that I have enjoyed meeting and visiting with old friends and new ones. I wasn't enthusiastic about winning anything this year and was just intending to enjoy being here. I'm doing that. I don't have any pics on the computer yet, but might have some tomorrow. We'll see how the day works out.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Good morning everyone...at the house for a few more minutes before heading to the shop. Had to make a run to the pharmacy to get some refills.
Last night the daughter and I went to the dairy to see what the pigeons were up too after dark. Surprisingly there were very few in the barns we went in. There were a slew of starlings in there. The pigeons must roost outside somewhere I guess.
I took my 20tac savage barrel and turned it to a varmint profile yesterday instead of the 1.060" straight it was. Will do the same to my 20vt as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Morning all, 76 headed to 83 today, rain on tap for the weekend. Got a lot done yesterday, finished up by putting a new plug in my tiller and got it to running, tilled up the other half of the garden, and planted some more greens and turnips., Was tilling the last 3 feet of the garden, when the tiller grabbed and jumped about 6 feet, taking me with it. I did the prettiest swan dive to the ground you ever saw. Luckily my fall was broken by my knees and my face, both knees landed on rocks. I am sore as hell this morning, but am still getting around. F&W got a rude awakening, a farmer out by our big farm, had terrible bear damage on his corn, one field of 10acres was destroyed, completely, so they gave him permission to shoot any bears in the field. Next night they shot 5 bears. in one week they shot 24 bears, and several more got away. The F&W had said there was not 20 bears in our county, a year ago. A buddy who lives out there estimates there to be about 70 bears active at any time out there.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Sam, a guy I've knowed for years told me he had a 14 acre corn field he didn't get anything from last year on account of bears. He told us to hunt it this year. Said he knowed there was 22 not counting cubs still there. It's right next to a state park that they had to close 2 or 3 years ago on account of so many bears.
we may ride up there today and look around. We.have a 3 day hear season the end of this month. May be asking about how to fix'em...lol

Donnie

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
good afternoon all. Was 32 this morning with mid to upper 60s today, should just get warmer all next week.
Been out draining sprinklers, got six done this morning, not sure how many yesterday but might get done this afternoon except a couple well still run next week.
Still too wet to bale but boss man wants to try cutting some hay tomorrow.
Better get back to it, thanks JR for the pic of our bear. He made it across the highway and back to the hills, about 10 minutes after I got the pic of him.
Have a great day and be safe and healthy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
A neighbor has a sick wife in Lexington hospital, going to ask if we need to do his fall hay cause she is terminal.
As has been noted recently, we've got some of the finest people on this Earth right here on the GoGo board. This is what happens in rural America folks, in what the libs call "flyover country."

KF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts