Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, it is the first time I have seen this in a while. The high temperature for today is to get up to about 75° and be a beautiful sunny day.

Yesterday was a mixed bag, Rusty is on the injured list with his left front leg so we didn't go hunting at all. I took him and got him micro chipped yesterday and I did a bunch of computer work. Today I will be staying around home doing some more computer work and I don't know what else. I will be glad when Rusty and I can resume hunting.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Good Morning George and others to follow. 60 here in NC Ohio under cloudy skies thanks to the tropical storm. The young man that helps me out is home from college and going to work for me cutting brush down to size. Mix the brush and more of the ex's junk should crate a fire that can be seen from JR's house!! Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

We are reporting in an unusually warm 64° with a partly cloudy sky here near HalfwayUSA. Yesterday was a rare day indeed. A nice breeze with the temperature edging up to 80° by late afternoon. Today will be nearly as nice with our high at 74°.

After coffee & computing, we piled in the pretty blue truck and set off for the marshes along Saginaw Bay for a walk. Destination was Nayanquin Point Refuge. The Greyfox pair got right to bird watching from the observation tower though sightings were slim initially. We walked east along a dike through the marsh to a sliver of old beach right on the bay. We were somewhat surprised to see a pair of deer swimming across a small inlet toward the dike we were on. The tall marsh grass concealed us mostly but when they exited the water no time was wasted running away.

A pair of Sandhill Crane showed themselves across an inlet as we continued across the dike. A Bald Eagle was spotted. Once on the old beach, tree cover allowed us to get close to many more birds. "Old beach" is a raised sandy area between the bay shore and the marsh. Wind, waves & ice pile up the sand and vegetation takes hold over time. Cottonwood, Oak & Poplar along with brush maintain a boundary between the bay and marsh. Unlike in the mature woods, Oaks on old beach tend to be short with heavy limbs. It made for a great picture on a sunny day.

After a couple hours, we were headed south to Bay City MI in search of ice cream for lunch. We found it in downtown along the Saginaw River. It was a boutique type ice cream shop that specializes in Michigan sourced ingredients. Of minor note, we got our noses filled with the pungent aroma of sugar beet processing as the harvest has just began this week. Also notes were a large number of combines harvesting soy beans. So much so, dust was carrying through the air.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 53 and clear, high of 65. Still a nice day. Yesterday the overly high blood pressure took a toll on me. I did win the battle with the computer so that is something to celebrate.
There's an estate sale in Faribault with a lot of vintage toys, think I'll head over there.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning boys and girls. It’s 61 heading for 80 on the lovely south side of Indy. Meeting the golfing grandson for breakfast which is always a pleasant way to start the day. Nothing else on the agenda at this point but I’m often ambushed.
Played well yesterday and by golly I can see that little white ball better. Hit it straight, not too often, and didn’t lose it. Far? That’s a thing of the past.
Off to get the day started. Have a good one yerownself,

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 53 and cloudy here, delta is on the way. After a trip to town for supplies yesterday, I got my grass raked out, seeded and strawed yesterday. Even had time to run the sprinkler a bit. Now I just need more rain to help it take off. See what happens with delta.

Miss Sue worked late, so we didn't go out for dinner last night. Maybe tonight? Gotta work at the store today. Two of the kids are off and they need help. I volunteered...dumbass. Oh well, I can use the money.

Prayers offered for our sick friends and country. Serenity Now Ken...keep that BP in check. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 60 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
me and Tucker hunted yesterday evening and no deer were
harmed. Matter of fact, I didn't see a deer while in the stand.
Tucker was a few long distance, just wasn't moving. Elijah
worked til dark so no hunting for him. We all said we'd try
and sleep in this morning as it was supposed to rain, it did,
Woke up about 4 or so and heard it.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a warm, warm 66 in Louisville, rainy and going to 74. Can't believe the warm temps up in Skruske's area for this time of year.

Miss Cindy and I are leaving in a few minutes to work a food drive at church. Members drop off canned goods, we organize 'em, and then we take 'em to a church-based food distribution site in our part of the county. Should be a pretty easy gig.

The football Cardinals got their arses handed to them last night, losing to Georgia Tech. The UK Wildcats play Mississippi State tonight at 7:30. They're playing as badly as U of L.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Good morning all....nice cool morning so far at the shop. I have to run and weld a couple cracked braces on a semi trailer then back here to finish the Suburban engine repair. I ended up removing both heads and pulling all 8 of the AFM lifters and took them apart and gave them a good cleaning to remove the oil varnish. I'm glad I did as the other side had a lifter that was about ready to fail. Also the pushrods and rockers on that side were showing some wear so those got ordered and should be here soon. Heads are back on and exhaust is almost back on,just need to install intake and then the rocker and pushrods and valve cover and should be ready to fire up. Little different animal than the old small block chevy for sure.

Well off to see what is broke and what will be broken today with the farmers going full tilt.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 32 with high 70s later.
Got another swather serviced yesterday, and one building filled for the winter. One set of rakes, and two swathers is all it will hold. My helper was around some yesterday and got several tractors unhooked and moved around. But he is busy with highschool football and other things so didn't get much work out of him.
Cattle work today, will be dusty and a long day, hauling calves home from summer pasture.
Better get, have a good day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Morning all, 65 and headed to 72 for the rainy hi. Got a lot of gun work completed yesterday, zeroed some more rifles, cleaned an mounted scopes on some more. Folks are supposed to pick them up today. Got some more .44 special loaded up yesterday. I have a Ruger Blackhawk in this caliber, 5 1/2 barrel, bisley fram that I went thru the action, replaced the springs, and it is a smooth beauty to shoot. Well got to run you all have a good day, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good late morning from the rainy sticks of 606Kentucky.
Greyfox must have brought warm weather with him to Michigan, as it Frosted when I was there.
Dean's doing Damcows today, I already had my turn. I looked out this morning and a 600# bull calf was standing in the highway. JB and I herded him into the barnlot....but he ain't mine. Someone will claim him I suppose.
Doing my best Skruske imitation this morning. I have torn down a chainsaw to put a new starter rope on it. Got it cleaned so time to attempt to reassemble it. Via YouTube.

KF, I can't believe you are still watching the Louvil BLM team. A lot of Kentucky former fans have sold their tickets. A friend who is a season ticket holder says he will never go to another BLM game.

How many bears do you see in the trees?. Floyd county Ky.

JB is at the Amish womans house today to do some quilt and sewing work. I bet they are at Walmart by now. Taxi.
Have a safe day folks.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Koger, That 5.5 in Bisley Blackhawk in 44 Special sounds real nice. I have a 5.5 in SS Bisley in 45 Colt, and it is one of my favorite handguns. Full house loads (30ksi) anymore are a bit much for me, but a bit softer load for nice for plinking and target work is great.

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
JR is there seven Bears in the tree or just the three that you see easily?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts