Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy and foggy skies. The high temperature for today will get up to about 55° with calm winds. After the fog burns off it will be a sunny decent day. We got rain yesterday for most of the day which we needed but we need more.

I spent a good part of my day working on computers yesterday and today Rusty and I are going most of the day hunting. One of my customers had gotten hit by a scammer and her computer was a mess. I hope now she will now better than to let someone take remote control of her computer but who knows, some don't seem to.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Morning George and others to follow. 33 here in NC Ohio going to the 50's under sunny skies. Made a grub run yesterday morning that put the check book in a head lock!! Food has defiantly gone up. Hope finish up the outside work this weekend while dry, rain for several days next- maybe. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thermometer says it’s 35° this morning but I walked out to get some firewood and it really doesn’t feel that cold. Maybe this extra layer of blubber is doing its job. Had dinner at my son’s house last night to celebrate Little Miss Martha’s birthday. All three kids and both grandchildren were there. That doesn’t happen very often nowadays and I’m thankful for each time we can all get together. Lots of laughs were had.
Good Luck to George and Rusty today. It sounds like they are spending a lot of quality time in the woods here lately. MPC is right about food prices. They just keep creeping higher and higher.
I have a little painting to do and then I think I’m gonna load up some 458 SOCOM for my son today. He says that is what he is deer hunting with this year. I stopped at Sportsman’s Warehouse yesterday and their reloading department seems to be well-stocked. Shelves were overflowing with bullets and powder.
Make it a good day, whatever you get into.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 32 and overcast. The front passed last night. We got rain only. Might warm up to 57 later but no sunshine today. Yesterday I made a prescription run, that cost me. Today is a fuel run and a couple of things from the grocery store. The price of food is going to put me on a diet.
I guess I will spend the rest of the day tinkering with reloading stuff.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 32 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Heard Tucker leave to go hunting, I'm sore from working under bleachers
Thursday and under a sink most of the day yesterday. Both hip bones feel
brused. Looks like I might be hauling a dryer off and 1 back if he gets back with
the truck in time. Door switch is messed up and she wants another 1, bigger
or heavy duty of something. Got a die headed this way thanks to Bruce E and
found some ammo and brass so should be set for Elijahs 57.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Morning all31 headed to 64 today in KY. Cold starter for deer hunting but they should be moving good. I saw 2 bucks and several does heading out of the woods across the field towards my feeder, and the wife had 7 bucks in front of her feeder yesterday morning, a couple of real nice ones. It was hard getting out of bed this morning, but hard to sleep in on any deer gun season opener. Carl glad you got to spend time with your family yesterday. Mike I am going grocery shopping, just doing so with a gun, LOL! Concerning food prices, no joke, there is a food shortage this year has been gettting worse for over a year. I would advise everyone to stock up on staples such as four, corn meal, dried beans , rice and so on. Since last year in October, there has been a lot of empty shelves, at Wal Mart, Krogers, and other big chain stores. You all have a good one, Good luck to Charlie and any other hunters heading out today, and God Bless, Buff out!

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning from the top if the mountain just outside Fairfield PA. Its 38 and clear. The first stars I saw this morning were Orion, the hunter. It always seems to bring me luck. Whether I get a bear or not, I'm not working today! Headed to upper 50's. I was going to stay all day but forgot my lunch. Guess I'll run back later. May bring mom back this afternoon to see if she can fill a doe tag. She'll probably see the bear and not have a tag. Getting light and things are stirring. Gotta go. Good luck Sam and others out today. Prayers sent for Shabe and crew.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Good morning from the house again this morning. Yesterday was just a lot of sitting around and doing things around the house. I mowed up leaves and mowed down the garden. Today who knows what will go on. I might go quarantine all by myself in the edge of a field for a while this morning just to see if any wondering coyotes might need shot....or at least shot at! I got fuel in the blazer so I don't need to stop anywhere.
No one here has had a fever yet, my daughter has a slight cough and headaches. Wife said she just feels bad. I got messed up sinuses but not sure if its my normal sinus crap or something else. I have felt a little off here and there with headaches here and there. Should get results back by Monday....earlier I hope.
My step dad is feeling a lot better and my mother is still feeling weak with an up and down temp.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 30 with highs around 68 and DRY!
Worked around the shop yesterday again, got both balers cleaned off, with my helper working till he had to leave for his football game. I got both balers parked and un-hitched along with the last swather put in the shed. Now for all the tractors!
Running late this morning, slept in, and it felt good too! But better get around.
Have a great day and weekend. Prayers for the needy and our country. Be safe out there hunting!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
545 Posts
A god morning to all of you from up here on the Northern Red River Valley
Woke up this morning to Christmas card land scape. The ground is white and the tres are full of wet sticky snow. Still snowing with my thermometer reading 28 degrees. We are in a weather advisory till noon.

Hired man came a while ago and said even the gravel roads are slippery.
The youth deer hunting is open this weekend, this will definitely improve their chances.
Today I’ll get a brake from the tractor and chisel plowing. Last night I dug right up to the rest of the two combines and had to quit. Less than 200acres of corn left and we are all done with our harvest. Guess I’ll hunker down here today and get my stuff ready for deer season in a couple weeks. Need to sight the rifle in, don’t like to go hunting with a rifle that wasn’t checked for zero.
I hope all of you have a good day, be safe and stay healthy. Prayers forall in need and Gods Blessing for all.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Busy running errands for son yesterday. It's 60 miles from house to town where we do our shopping. Hey, it's 35 miles to the closest grocery store. We are kind of rural out here. Mossy Oak film crew and some outdoor writers as hunters will be here this afternoon to start their thing. Supposed to be about 12 at Lodge (plus guides, etc) for a few days. they hunt early mornings and evenings, then we do sporting clays and 5-stand during the mid day.
It's gonna get busy around here for the next 3 months. I finally got some pics posted last night on the elk camp post, hope you enjoy them. It was hard to pick a few from so many pictures. I did figure out (again) how to put them on here, now to figure out how to post more than one on a single post....LOL
Prayers for all here, and we could use one here for a rain.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good frosty morning from the sticks of Kentucky. I ain't participating in deer hunting today but I did see an Elk....Mr. Eakins elk on the screen.
Yesterday, we went and picked up salt, minerals and a gate from the farm store but I forgot the oil filters. Guess I need to go back and change oil in my cab tractor. Lot of pasture left here so it will be a while before I have to haul out hay balls.
2 feathers has Snow. I don't need any of that.
Carl P. The last time I was In a Sportsmans Warehouse, they had No Powder and No bullets except for the big game stuff. Lexington, Ky.
KF is looking at Leaves today, I think I see some on my yard.

JB made a Rhubarb, Blueberry pie last night and I couldn't wait till it cooled off to cut a piece of it. Very good.

Have a safe day folks.

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
No bear spotted yet but just had a spike and decent 8 bumping 4 doe around me. Within 25 yards. Our mz season is in...doe only. I want shooting no doe way the hell back here in BF Egypt. Old and too lazy to drag.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 50º and Sunny here headed for the upper 60's. It looks like we have a slight chance for rain tonight, tomorrow and Monday.

Yesterday the Wife and I drove over to see the oldest Granddaughter and had lunch with Her. After we returned home I resized that pistol brass that I've been tumbling and worked until I got tired. After supper I went back and sorted it by headstamp and stored it away.

Noe much planned for today except to put all of that brass away that I have been working on. I'll probably change the Dillon over to 223 and load those 223's that I prepped last week.

Prayers offered for our Country and those in need.

You'all have a good one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts