Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
36° here in Upstate NY this morning under quite cloudy skies. The high is to be up to about 42° and it will gradually become a nice sunny day. There will be mild wind all day for today. Our warmer days are over and there is some snow in the forecast now for the next couple of days.

Well yesterday it decided to rain some in the morning so Rusty and I didn't get to go hunting. Finally about 2:00 PM it cleared up and the sun came out. I got some stuff done around here, I fixed a computer problem for a customer remotely. So we will try to get out today as next week it is iffy for a couple of days next week.

Have a Wonderful Day

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 36 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Woke up a little after 3 and tried.to go back but didn't work out.
My back started to knot up as I laid down last nite. Put the ting(?) unit
on for awhile and it helped some. Sitting out in the cool weather probably
won't help much but I may try for awhile. Hate to miss opening day.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 28 and getting cloudy, gonna warm up and rain this afternoon.
Yesterday I got the new scanner setup and operating. Way easier than most tech. Easy to operate, and fast. Only the software is odd. I am still learning how it thinks.
The 1st session is scanning the Ideal handbooks. I did 12 in 45 minutes. I will finish all of them this morning then start on the more difficult emails. I have a good snow days winter project.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Morning al, 31 here in KY, heading out to the deer bling shortly, want to get there by 6 15 or so. Wife had a monster show up on here camera yesterday, about 20 minutes before we got over there to flll the feeder, up, hope she gets a shot at him. Good luck to all the deer hunters heading out, and God Bless the USA, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Good mornin you all from the Mountain State, it's 34* here and frosty this morning, looks like sunshine for today and in the mid 40's. Farm duty today so should be busy all day. You all stay safe in the woods today, opening season with a rifle here in WV starts the 23 rd, we're always later that other states. Have a Blessed Day in your neck of the woods, continue to Pray for our Nation.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Oh Donnie hope your back gets to feeling better, I feel your pain buddy!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio. 21 now going to 50 with rain tonight. No electricians yesterday, it's been hard to get service work done, don't know if its the virus or my money stinks? More calls go out next week. Everybody be safe in the field this week hunting and shoot one for me !!! Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Good morning folks. 43 and clear here. Been up off and on since 130. Had a couple draft beers with dinner and ate too much and just feel like crap. Stubbed my toe getting out of bed. Apparently the vacuum belongs at the foot end of the bed. My head is stuffy from the furnace running and I just sneezed a few time in the treestand. Sure I alerted all the deer to my location. Gonna be a great day. good luck to all the deer hunters.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Good morning gentlemen. It’s 29 in Indy heading for near 50 with a chance of rain this afternoon. I’m already without adult supervision as Julie and her well armed woman group are off to Brazil, IN for a steel shoot. Nothing much going on for Too and me but it’s time to get moving.
Y’all have a good day, up a tree or not.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
A brisk 33 here. Took a little walk this morning and heard a few shots off in the distance. My son is hunting down south of here but no word if he’s had any success yet. Stove is warm and coffee is hot. I might put the 221 fireball barrel on the Savage and try it out this weekend.
good luck to everyone in the field today.
make it a good one.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
morning all. 32 to start the day, high could be around 60...mph that is!!! Already blowing out there.
Got the deer all cut and in the freezer and the mess cleaned up too. Jerky meat in the fridge, two different flavors. Burger ground and also some for breakfast sausage. We ended up using some black pepper jerky seasoning and some of our fresh cut sage for seasoning. Came out pretty good I think.
Not sure just what I'll do today, I have a rifle to sight in for the neighbor kid, might have to do in in the wind, always blows here anyway!
We will be working cattle alot this next week, boss man shipping some calves to the sale tomorrow for the Monday sale. Also preg testing cows on Monday, and cows come home from the mountain pasture on Wednesday. Sounds like a busy week.
Better get around, have a great and safe day, good luck to the hunters. Prayers for our country and those in need too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Good morning at 34° in the sticks of Kentucky to start out opening day of maneuvers for the Orange Army. It is daylight plus 1 hour and I have not heard a Shot...but I can't hear so....
A lot of folks out there waiting for a 12 point to walk in front of them. I DO HOPE they kill some Coyotes, but half won't if given the Shot.
Yesterday, I accomplished nothing except eliminating a couple problem targets. My Squirrels thanked me and are eating a lot of ear corn up in their feeder limbs.
We have Zero mast this year as Sam Koger said.

JB is still taking care of her sick boy, who won't be in the woods today. He is on crutches now at least. I am meeting her halfway and taking her more clothes and medications. I had a great meal last night of Tuna in the Can and Van Camps Beenie Weenies. A delicacy to all good Rednecks. Love it.
Today, I may open a jar of Kogels pickled bologna I got in Skruskeland. FB, you know??
I do have real food, but am tired of Smoked Pork Butt.

Have a safe day and keep close to your Foxhole.

Dean sent me a photo of some of his deer processing.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Good morning I made it out to my stand this morning and had some small does and a small buck right by me. Noticed the little buck looking down into field and here came 3 more bucks and a doe. Found the biggest and let the 260ai eat! He buckled and dropped right where I shot him. 143eldx did the job.
20201114_083424.jpg

Buddy the helped me load it said he might be 3 or 4? I dunno but he was a bitch getting in the truck thats for sure!

Hope everyone stays safe and has luck hunting.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I do know Koegel from Flint, Michigan. They sell some good stuff. But now that tuna in a can and BeenieWeenie I’m not so sure about and makes me wonder about you. Are you really in the sticks of Kentucky? You should not be left home alone, methinks. Best regards to JB and her patient.
And how was Carl P’s commute yesterday across the Ohio? Man Oh Man if they have to replace that bridge it will be a long term detour because the preparatory work has to be done first. The drunk drawbridge operator dropped the Fort Street Bridge southwest of Detroit on a lake freighter a few years back and that job took over two years.
Nice buck, Shane.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
All his buddies hung around d a few minutes after I shot him. I figured they would have hit the afterburner. But this one like this tree.

The buck ranged right at 200 yards.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good job Shane....
Dean that processing job looks like you had done that before.
You boys will have some good eating this winter (probably better than the beanie weanies and the canned tuna....LOL)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
My neighbors cross the hill 1000 yd away all have Chinese Virus, but 2 of them went anyway and each killed a nice Buck.
Can't stop Hillbillys.

Here's the biggest one.
Looks like a 12 point, I didnt get too close to them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts