Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, this is something I haven't seen for a while. The high temperature for today will be getting up to about 30° under mostly sunny skies with a mild breeze.

Yesterday wasn't a bad day overall, I had to go to our local Agway in the morning to replenish my sunflower seed supply for the birds. Other than that I stayed home and rested, I am starting to get back to normal but I need to get back to my exercise regiment as I feel weak. I got one package from Fed Ex yesterday and will receive another today. My bullets from a friend in MD still haven't arrived but hopefully the "Pony Express" will get them here today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 12 and cloudy with dense fog. High of maybe 20. Yesterday was working on Bubba, on the computer and a grocery run. That was costly. Today is more of the same. I should start reloading for the 6.5 Swede.
Rumor has it that the governor is going to allow restaurants to reopen on Monday. I need to figure out what restrictions they will face. I am looking forward to my favorite coffee shop being open.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio where its 24 going to 34 and promised a peak at the bright spot in the sky!!! I'm going on a grub run today maybe to rural king too order that Henry 357, we'll see how these two air bags get to working before heading out. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good mornin from the Mountain State, it's 25* here and maybe into the mid 30's for later. I worked in the reloading room part of the day yesterday on some 22 Hornet brass, I got Glade duty this weekend, the place was full of out of staters last weekend going to the ski slopes, I counted ten different state licence plates last weekend. I really don't look forward to going in today, every county in WV was in the red zone for CV-19 the other day. I better feed the critters and get ready for work. You all have a good and safe day in your little patch of the woods.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Good morning all. A brisk 30° Outside this morning. Nothing in the traps, which really surprised me. I may get out and move them to the other side of the hill later today. Fire is stoked and the coffee is hot So the day is getting off to a good start. Moving firewood and doing some tile work at Mom’s house is on the agenda. I’m sure both my sisters and their husbands will be there and that’s a good thing. I have been blessed with some good in-laws.

Make it a good day

·
Administrator
12,052 Posts
Good morning folks. It is 27 on the back porch with mostly sunny skies for now. Supposed to get windy later. I have a busy day ahead. Soon as I get off here I need to take my coffee to the basement and get the stove fired up again. Then I need to clean my flintlock. I hosed it down with WD40 last night, and since I only fired 1 shot, it should clean up quickly. After breakfast, I need to bring in firewood.

Have a buddy coming here in a bit for powder. I found 3 cans of VV N135 at the shop Thurs. I will use them and give him the 2 cans of Exterminator I got the other week. Kicking myself in the ass for not buying that 8 lbs of TAC.

I may start butchering if I get the wood done. That may have to wait for tomorrow. I was planning on hunting later. Still might, but not shooting any more does. Shane's got me itching to get the coyote rifle and light out. Might have to try it soon.

Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Mornin boys..
Phone says its 30 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Woke up and tried to go back to sleep and I did for a minute...lol
Most of the white stuff left the roads but still on the ground.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
morning all. 20 and breezy, with a possible snow blowing by later, really need more drifts in my road, the old ones are just mud now!
Worked in the shop yesterday but not on my pickup. Worked on the used oil heater, took the burner out, cleaned out the ashes, cleaned the burner and got it back together. But today I need to clean the stove pipe, will be a messy job but someone has to do it and that would be me.
Didn't work on any brass or rifle stock yesterday, did get a couple pairs of scope rings and corn cob media from the brown truck.
Slept in for a change, felt good too. Now running late, for what I don't know!
Have a happy weekend and be safe. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Good morning everyone....at the shop waiting for someone to come pick up a part then I need to get to the tire store. I went around the hog barns this morning but I guess they are tired of getting shot at and sometimes hit. There were 5-6 the other night so I know there is more out there. They have an endless supply of food there, they get hogs when they are maybe 10-15lbs and there are 8k hogs in each barn and 2 barns per lot. Bad thing is the little hogs they can dig out of the compost and drag off into the woods and fence rows. I got home last night and messed with my scope while uploading vids and seen it was set to 60fps instead of 120fps so maybe that will make it more clear. I'll have to get out and video something and see.

Not looking forward to the long drive coming up. Looks like Tuesday is blast off day if everything goes as planned.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good morning you varmints. Cold and foggy this morning, 19*..... looks like about 1/4 inch of frost. Supposed to get some snow tomorrow.
If any of you boys have Encores, I have a new unfired stainless 17 HMR barrel to swap off or sell. I haven’t got a clue what it’s worth. If I remember it’s an EABCO.
Prayers for our Country and all Y’all

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 32º and cloudy here headed for the low 40's with a light North wind.

Yesterday I went to see a buddy that reminds me a lot of our very own Sam. He has a small shop in his back yard and works on guns when he's not farming. I needed a copy of a firearms license to send to a guy that I'm buying an action from. Late in the afternoon my running buddy called and we made a short pass through the Doctor's place to run off any Geese that were there. They had a good hunt yesterday morning killing 38 Ducks. Thats pretty good for them.

Not much planned for today. My running buddy is starting to get notices on up-coming farm auctions and we may go look at what a few of them have afterwhile. I'm looking for a disc, a fuel tank and a gasoline powered air compressor. Other than that I'll probably be expected to keep a fire going for the Wife and the Kitty!

My hunting buddy that has the Covid and is on a ventilator was showing slight signs of improvement yesterday. I've been real worried about him.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Covid, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Morning all,31 headed to 35 today. Gloomy and cold day on tap. Loaded another 100 rounds of .300 BO yesterday, cleaned 4 guns. need to ship a ML revolver out today, and go do some stuff for mom. Need to take a .308 Heavy barrel off of a Savage I sold yesterday, get it ready to mail. May try to drive around and shoot a yote or two today, you all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Good morning all. It's near 30 and heading for 34 in Indy. I've been on the run this morning. Pancake joints 1&2, Rural King, the Mazda store where the grandson works, and the bank. Had to get a special "card" signed by all the waitresses at the restaurants Kenny and I frequented. Kenny saved paper money with a * on the end of the serial number. That meant the original bill had been miss-printed/destroyed and the serial number was being reissued. He thought they were worth saving and had everybody in both restaurants looking for them. They found one at Lincoln Square yesterday and saved it for him. Everybody signed it and I'll send it to his son.

Julie left for a freezurassoff steel shoot in Brazil, IN this morning. I'm unsupervised for a few more hours.

The dancing granddaughter is in a competition in Louisville today. They're supposed to livestream it since only parents can attend. I'll be watching, I hope. Y'all may remember her from a couple of photos I posted in the past. Here she is now. She turned 11 last month!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 30 degrees at 11 a.m., feels like 25, and going to 34 ... maybe.

I need to load some more .38 Special today. I have a good-size bag of pickup range .38 that Fuzz sent me a few years ago and I have maybe 200 158 gr flat points, so those need to get married up. If you haven't played around on AmmoSeek or another ammo search engine lately, you'll be shocked at the prices being asked for plain old lead .38 ammo. Here's what you'll find:

My other main "to do" today is taking another shot at fixing my meat slicer. New gear fits, but it makes the toothed belt a little small. Sam says to heat the belt and see if that helps me stretch it, so I'll try that.

Back around May or June I asked for prayers for a longtime college friend, Denise, who was diagnosed with a couple of small malignant breast lumps. She's been doing immunotherapy sessions and had that breast removed on Wednesday. Her surgery recovery is going great so far, and the prognosis is good. I wanted to thank you for your prayers.

Prayers of thanks for George's recovery, and prayers of intercession for others in our GoGo family who need them. Our nation and elected officials also need our prayers, though sometimes it's difficult.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Good noonish greetings from the sticks of Kentucky where it's about 32° F and staying there.

MPC, we went on a GRUB run you speak of at 8am before the crowd arrived. I had to buy 40# of cat food for my main item as 10 cats eat a lot.
Got the Damcows fed and hay in rings and unrolled.
Charlie that gutpile you left in the field is probably gone by now but if you take the scraps, bone pile, and hide to the place you will kill a Coyote tonight. But you must drive a stake in the ground and Wire it to the hide. They be there near dark or just after.

Going on a mission to look at a New to Me old tractor. I need to sell what I have now instead of buying another one. Got so much money in the bank, they called and said they ran out of space to stack it.

Yall be safe today and don't catch China Virus.

·
Registered
683 Posts
JR....you can get quite a few large bills in a large flat rate box....send them to me and i’lol stack them in one of my hiding places. However, I may “forget” where they’re at.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
MPC that's a few years old MF 491 that only has 1800 hours on it. About 90 hp. I went and drove it around the lot and it seems like a new tractor. It Started right up at 30°F better than any tractor I have now. The cab is so tight you have to crack a winder to close the door.
I would be Shocked if the AC works, that's about 1G there. My mechanic...Skruske's buddy...Rick is going over with me to look at it Monday afternoon if he can.
NO DEF fluid required and no eco computer like new ones. Fuel Usage is about Half of new ones. Unfortunately I have one of those.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It’s a keeper.....I was raised on Massey’s. But in those days it was Massey-Harris

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Bruce, My Dad had a Ferguson 30 and a Ferguson 35 at the same time many years ago. Gas tractors, neighbor up the road had a Massey Harris about the same size. I was a puppy then.
He later had a couple MF 135s and a MF 275. My middle son was in Iraq in 2002 and he saw a ragged out MF 275 that he swore was his granddad's old tractor. Of course it was one just like it.
I have an little old MF 250 now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts