Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17° here in Upstate NY under overcast skies, they were calling for a little snow overnight but we didn't seem to get any. The high temperature today will be about 25° and once again they say there is a chance for a little snow this afternoon.

Yesterday we ended up with about 3" to 4" of the white stuff before it quit early afternoon. After it quit I went out and cleaned out the driveway and around the deck. I didn't have to go anywhere so I wasn't in any hurry. Today I have to go get blood work but I didn't have to fast so I am in no hurry to do that either. The rest of the day I will just take life easy I do believe unless something comes up.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Good Saturday morning from NC Ohio. Sunny day yesterday but today 12* 12 wind won't help an old man move very fast, really ready for some Spring weather. I think you are making the right decision Sam on the cows. When the semi pulled out of my driveway with every cow I felt liberated from a prison. You will appreciate it more when the mud is deep or when its cold and snowing. Be safe my friends and many Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 6 below zero, high of 23 above. Clouds moving in and bringing snow, tomorrow.
Worked around the house, sorted and reorganizing my bullets. I need more bullets.
Today is retaking pictures of the Ideal #5 and #6 powder measures, they have been giving me fits trying to get decent shots.
I was invited to friends for supper last night, hopefully I can stay home today.
Hoping everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good mornin for the Mountain State, it's 18* and a few flurries, temps up around 30 today. I've got Glade duty today, I hope the skiers behave themselves today. Not much else I can think of here, so you all have a safe one out there and stay warm.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Good morning everyone. 16° right now and headed back out to hunt. We were out until 1 this morning and never seen a damn thing at all....not even a damn skunk at the dairy. Everything must have been laid up I guess. We did get one little answer to a howl way off but that was it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
15° here this morning but the coffee and stove are both nice and hot. Granddaughter is coming over today to play in the snow so I’m sure I will sleep good tonight. Trying to keep up with her is a pretty good workout. Might spend a little time in the basement taking inventory and deciding what stays and what goes. Looking forward to temperatures being above freezing all next week.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Good morning from Dandridge, TN. 20 degrees here but we’re heading SE to warmer shortly. Got about 6 hours to go today. Don’t expect see snow for a week.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Good morning folks from the Frozen Sticks of Kentucky where we have 6° the coldest yet this year. And it sure felt like it when I got up to take Red T. JR on his morning walk to the bathroom.
It was Clear last night when I came in from a successful Coyote hunt at about 11 pm. Shane, come get this big male...he's waiting for you.

This is the Male of the pair I had on camera. I saw the female Run in the next field over when I shot this one..
It was so Bright with the Clear sky, half moon and SNOW that i didn't even have the IR turned on.

Yesterday after JB helped me feed Damcows I pulled her around in the Kayak with my Polaris Ranger. We did some tries with water skis and she stayed up just fine till the Fin things dug into the ground. I will take them off today if she wants another go at it.

Complete Ground fog has just rolled in. Joez can do Farm Duty today.
Be safe on the snow and ice It is slick.

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Mornin boys..
Phone says its 19 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Slep in this morning, some up normal get up time but done
my best to go back to sleep and it worked. Not sure what we'll do
today but hit the pawn shop and see what else happens.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS...Still pray' in for Bruce and Big G and Mr Murl...

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
morning all. 9 above here with mid 30s again and wind!!! Little storm moving north of us will make it really windy here.
Only one new calf born yesterday that I know of, it was in the heifer pen, and boss man had to give it a little pull but all fine now.
I thought Judy knew better than let JR pull her around like that, hope no one gets hurt!!
Really didn't do much yesterday but watch cows, maybe today will be the same. No coyotes harmed around here yesterday.
Have a great day and be SAFE out there. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Morning fellas. Back porch thermometer says 21 here. With a stiff wind, it's cold. Not cold like you guys in the Midwest and south, but plenty cold enough. Supposed to warm up a bunch next week. Get this snow outta here. Birds are fed and happy after the deer emptied the feeder out front. Yesterday the dang squirrels raided the feeder out back. I stung a few of them multiple times with the ole Daisy. Shoots bb's about 300 f.p.s., so it won't killum. Sure is fun to sting em though.

We'll, it's Saturday, it's cold, and I ain't doing #$%^ today. May clean up the basement a little and see if something needs reloaded. Other than that, nada. Same for tomorrow too I reckon.

Prayers for our sick board buds and our country. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
No need to worry about JR doing anything crazy with JB on the skis: she’s his best helper around the farm/ranch. It’s a dull 16 degrees around here now. No sun, no wind, dull.Don’t know what the God of weather has in store for us as I didn’t look at the guessers yet. joebiden and our governess wretched hitler toured the Pfizer plant yesterday and all I got out of that was they standing less than three feet apart. As essentials, I’m sure they have their shots. Well, he’s over 65 but she isn’t.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
11º at sunrise in the hollow, but going higher by the minute now. Forecast is for upper 30's today and 50's tomorrow. The birds have been fed and about half the coffee consumed, the dogs are asleep around me, so life is pretty good. No real plan for today, might drive a little north and do some birding. There are some wide fields about ten miles north that get birds we never see here when it's cold.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 11 at 9 a.m. here in Louisville, going to 34. It got to 32 for about 30 minutes yesterday. Sure is good to have some sun back in our lives.

Didn't do much except work-work yesterday, but that won't be happening today. I have two knives in progress and need to make some sawdust fly on those scales. We'll see. Looks like the Kentucky Mildcats put up their two-game "winning streak" against Tennessee today, then later the U of L Cardinals take on North Carolina ... maybe. That caveat is because with all the "virus pauses" it's hard to know whether a game will really be played or not. I think there's a gun show at the Fairgrounds, but why pay the $8 parking fee just to see that only 25% of the usual vendors even showed up and all they have are a few guns at ridiculous prices. I don't need that kind of frustration.

And for those of you who haven't known Judy Brown very long, here's a photo from 20 years ago to explain why she had JR pulling her around on skis. I'm surprised she didn't have him use a tractor to lift her up to the snow-covered barn roof. You go girl!

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there. No nekkid sledding, George Coleman!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 18º here with the sun shining headed for the upper 30's after lunch. Its suppose to be even warmer tomorrow.

Yesterday was just a repeat of the earlier part of the week. I did go help my running buddy shovel snow out of his Aunt's driveway. And the post office was open so I got that box mailed off that I have had all week.

No plans for today yet. Its warm enough that the Wife and the Cat may not require a fire. I may go and try to find a case to resize or something!

On another note, I got a message that the money order I mailed off on the 8th of January made it yesterday! He is going to mail it back to me.

Prayers offered for Mr Murl, Mr Bruce and any that are fighting the Chinese Virus. Also for our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one and try to stay warm.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Morning all, 20 headed to 35 today. Nothing planned, the wife and I may head down to Forbus general store in Tenn.,and have lunch, great eats, good prices, and they act like they appreciate your business. May get out in the shop and cast some bullets today after I put my melting pot back together. I have a new 5 cavity .38 mold that needs a work out, and also need to make some 8mm 175 gr bullets to powder coat. I have not been in the shop in a week and am about to go stir crazy. You all have a good one, remember our country and board members in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sun Is out and supposed to start thawing today. Son had our main water line freeze Thursday night . Found it and had it fixed by about noon. Celebrated by calling in 3 coyotes and killing them all.
He had hog hunters (4) come in yesterday afternoon. They got 2 last night, no word yet about hunt this am.
Had a good night’s sleep last night. Best in about 3 weeks. I’m ready to go home. Prayers for all y’all

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Well mid day report is we're still skunked. Seen 2 this morning and there was confusion where our third guy was gonna be. Had he been where we thought he was going those 2 would have walked right into him. After seeing that no one was there to shoot I sent a hail Mary shot and hit low in front of it.
Back home for a speed nap then back out in a bit.

Jr I sure could use that dog at this point! Looks good!

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Good to see you posting Bruce...
Me and old JR met today and your name was brought up.
most would tell you when we get together, you had better have your
mud boots on...lol
still praying for you...

Donnie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts