Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Saturday something’s wrong

926 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Kermit in Va. 
#1 ·
I’m up. I set the alarm wrong. George Foster isn’t even up yet. I have that air rifle match today and I set the alarm right but Moved the time an hour. I used to come home about now when I was young and crazy. Now I’m just crazy.

#2 ·
FB got up early and I got later than I normally do is what happened, the little extra sleep felt good to me. Good luck with the match today,may you do well.

It is 64° here in Upstate NY under partially cloudy skies with fog as the norm for this time of the year. They say the high temperature will be up around 86° with light winds and mostly sunny today. Yesterday was a nice day, not quite so hot but quite muggy, luckily we had a decent breeze. I was on the road for a time in the morning and in the afternoon I got my yard mowed and I perspired doing it. This morning I am going to head "Up Home" and try and catch some bass, I may or may not succeed but I know I will enjoy myself. There is just something about travelling up there to fish that really makes me happy, mostly memories of when I was young and living in a much better world.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#3 ·
Morning , the day is starting at 66 going to 80 with good chance of rain, its needed. Have to do some cleaning in the green house today, tired of tripping over stuff. Be safe and heathy. Good luck to those going to matches. Prayers to all and Jake those in special needs. Mike

#5 ·
Good morning. Another cool rainy day looming in Indy. 65 now heading for 75. Niece and her 4 kids came by yesterday to drop off the latest CBD oil order so we took’em out for pizza. The kids range from 6-13 and are really well behaved. No nonsense in public. They remind me of a certain tribe of Rugermites.
Nothing of note happening today that I know of. But ya’ never know what great good fortune may befall ya’. Sometimes nothing is the best that could happen.
Off to the pancake joint. Have a good real Saturday.

PS. Now a want an air rifle. Good shooting!

#6 ·
Off to range work party. I think I will grab the weed eater. I can work alone. There are a couple of complainers
that show up and just lean on their shovels. I want to buy tee shirts with the pocket upside down. This way they can lean on heir shovels and hold coffee and smoke at the same time.

#7 ·
Morning Gents! Its 72º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's. It looks like we missed that rain that they kept calling for. We could have used a little.

We worked on my tractor yesterday and ended up hauling it into town to the shop. It died the day before and we never could get it started. We changed the fuel filters and cleaned out the water trap and still no go. We did everything that we could think of.

Me and the Grandson are leaving out for deer camp this morning. We'll meet up with his Dad, my Son, and help get a new deer stand set up. We have a little 2 hour trip ahead of us.

Good Luck to FB at his match and to George fishing.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#8 ·
Good morning folks. It's 70 and cloudy here with showers possible, but nothing on radar. Looks like we'll get rain next week for sure, with a front coming from the west and Isaias coming up the coast. We need some. Mom is waiting to hear if they're being evacuated from OBX. They expect to hear today.

I didnt do much yesterday. After work, I ran into the gun shop for my check and stopped by mom's. She had a notice on her door that her trees were encroaching on the sidewalk and has 2 weeks to fix it. One freakin' tiny limb was hanging down. I cut that and a few others off so she doesn't get a ticket. Town Nazis. Made some good steaks on the grill for dinner. Reverse seared on the smoker then seared, served with salad and corn on the cob. Good eatin'.

Not sure what's going on today. I think I may pull some weeds this morning while it's cool out, then a trip to Lowe's. Need some lumber and asphalt patch. Need to fix the potholes in drive before winter. better get moving.

Have a good one.

Charlie

#9 ·
Good morning crew.....at the house at this time . We was going to load a car and truck on trailers to haul to the scrapyard from my dads place but last nights rain has made the yard too wet. Next week maybe

Talked to my hunting buddies last night and one of them raises deer. He said he has shot 42 raccoons off his feeder in the last few weeks. 15 in one night out of the same tree. He noticed he was feeding a lot more grain than hay. I told him I'll mount up the NV scope and come over one evening.
Might go the the shop in a few or might just ignore calls today and be lazy and let my back mend some more. It's still sore as hell. Doctor called with results from my tests and cholesterol is too high and triglycerides ate way up too. Looks like I can't put off a damn diet any longer.🙄 There is supposed to be a cruise this evening and if it stays in the 70's the old Coronet might just stay cool enough to make more then 2 laps.

Well off to be unproductive I think....have a good day!

#10 ·
morning all. 44 this morning with low to mid 80s later, good chance of rain or maybe dirt blowing... like happened yesterday!
Worked around the shop in the morning then we baled a couple fields of very brown and dust hay yesterday. Have to get a couple sprinklers going this morning and put tires on the semi stacking truck.
Slept in this morning, felt good too, but now I'm late so better go. Have a great day and weekend.
Thanks for the prayers for Jake, waiting on more tests, different doc thinks it might be crohn's disease, but not sure yet.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#11 ·
73 this morning and I’m not fishing. We have a little rain but the main reason I stayed home was to visit with the grandkids while my son and his wife run some errands. I’ll post a picture later. Shane, as I read your post about the raccoons, my gears were already turning about your NV scope. That’s what mine gets used for mostly.
Might head to the range later to test some more 300 Blackout loads.

Make it a good day.

#12 ·
Morning all, late check in for me, been at the barn feeding the cows and chickens, spraying them down for fly control. Supposed to be rainy all day next 2 days, but cooler with a high of about 82 or thereabouts. I went into the garden and picked okra, tomatoes, squash, onions, Anaheim peppers yesterday, got a pack of my hot home made pork sausage and a bag of shrimp out of the freezer, and some dirty rice mix, made a big dutch oven full of my Gumbo. One of my all time favorite foods, could eat the stuff till it runs out of my ears. Everything off the farm, except the shrimp and rice. Prayers sent for those that need them,Buff out.

#13 ·
I’m home. Don’t pay the ransom. We had a very good air rifle match today. I’ll have the complete results tomorrow but I finished third out of 15 shooter and two points off the top of the heap. The scores were something 721-720-719 out of 750. It’s been a long drive and a long day. I’m tired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.