Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I am a little puzzled. I am trying to order a Savage varminter - a Model 12 Low Profile left hand in 223. There are only two local dealers listed on the Savage website. One will not answer questions over the phone, the other told me they could not get me a model 12 low profile varminter, but they can get me a Savage American Classic in varminter configuration in 223 for $838. Something is strange here... On the Savage website, the American Classic is a hunter, not a varminter, and only offered right hand, and not available in 223? I tried to telephone Savage, but they are closed when I go to work, and closed again after I finish work! They do not accept queries by email.

Can someone on this board help me with the correct information? Is there a Savage American Classic left hand varminter in 223? Does Savage still makes the Model 12 low profile left hand varminter in 223?

JLC in San Diego County

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dealers

alot of the gun deals arent on the ball. I ran into the same thing. I had to call savage and get their part number and then give it to a few dealers to price out and order. I normall check prices at budsgunshop.com , gunbroker.com and then by typing it into to google and doing some browsing. You can also ask buds about who he alreads has in your area that has bought guns from him(ffl wise). After a quick look there is one on gunbroker:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=63295541
I live just north of los angeles and I have yet to see anyplace down here with decent prices.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I'll call Savage tomorrow from work, and get the part number. I'll check the prices online as suggested.

JLC

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Try Davidson's gallery of guns to locate the model. Then use their site to find best deal near you. I have used them several times with success.
hotcap

·
Registered
141 Posts
The Savage site shows that they make the Model 12 Varmint Low Profile in left handed bolt in the laminated stainless steel and the Model 12 FLV blued barrel with a synthetic stock. I did not see a 223 in the Classic series at all. I have a Model 12 VLP and it is great. Heavy, over 10 pounds. It shoots 3 204s under a dime at 100 yards easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts