Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going rate for these, which one do you prefer?

Mostly shooting paper, a few ground hogs, hopefully a praire dog town someday.

Thanks
Dave

·
Administrator
11,886 Posts
go with the LRPV

the LRPV's are supposed to be incredibly accurate. They run about $800. Savage is discontinuing the current model in 223. Will be coming out with 2 new 223's in Jan. One with a 7 twist and one with a 9 twist. Both should stabilize heavy bullets extremely well for long range shooting.

The low pro is good too, will run around $650, I think.

Charlie

·
Registered
488 Posts
The 22/250 version of the RBLP will also come in 7 and 9 twist next year. Model numbers are currently available.:D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have a hard time believing that....

The 22/250 version of the RBLP will also come in 7 and 9 twist next year. Model numbers are currently available.:D
.....Savage will chamber a 7 twist 22-250. If they do, I will be first in line, followed by a trip to the smith with a 22BR reamer. I can't find anything on their website even hinting about this.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What's your intended use?

My son and I like the LRPV so much that I sold my XR100 and bought another LRPV. Having said that, they are big, HEAVY rifles that are only suited for bench shooting IMO. If "a few ground hogs" means you're going to wandering around the fields with it, definitely get the Low Profile Varmint. I wouldn't want to carry my LRPV's any farther than from the truck to the bench. HTH.

Sid

What is the going rate for these, which one do you prefer?

Mostly shooting paper, a few ground hogs, hopefully a praire dog town someday.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't find any to fondle at today

My son and I went to Fin Feather and Fur Outfitters and all they had was 12BVSS in stock. (I have 1 of them and a 112FV that is now in a BVSS stock.) I'm not in any hurry so I'll keep looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts