Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My wife throws out corn to the deer in winter. We usually get about a dozen or so doe and their yearlings. For the last two years there have been a pair of bucks hanging out with the girls. One is seriously ugly looking and the wife named him Ugh Buck. His buddy (named Buddy Buck) looks a lot like Ugh Buck just a little smaller. Well yesterday they stood around nuzzling and preening each other just like the does and yearling do!

Anybody have an idea about why they might be doing this? Is it possible they are brothers, or are the just queer? :eek:

Regards, Ed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Probably brothers

A couple of years back, I watched two basket racked 1.5 year old bucks
doing that, when there were 5 different bucks working a bedding area,
in our firearms season. The biggest buck, would go to any trail, where
a doe would pass, and these little twerps would scatter. Once the big
guy would fade back into the cover, the little guys would re-group, kind
of sniff, and nuzzle each other, which I guess was some sort of reassurance
that everything was OK with both of them. Last year, my cousin shot what
I believe was one of those bucks, as a decent 8 pointer, rutting. And this
last year, by brother shot the other one, as a 10 pointer, and he was rutting,
too. So I guess even though it looks pretty "Gay", these youngsters
grew up to be real bucks, that died thinking with the wrong head:eek:

Squeeze

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's seems ever year you read about someone shooting a doe with antlers. Is it possible they are really does?
No they are real bucks. They were here earlier during the rut. Both have a really good set of antlers, and they have all the "equipment."

We did have a deer called "Queer deer" for a few years, but she did not show up this year, guess she finally got shot.

Regards, Ed.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Back in about 1981 give or take a year, my neighbor killed a nice big 4-pt Muley. I was with him and when he got his knife out and went to field dress, He got the surprise of his deer career by finding a Doe under them horns. We hung the rack up on the wall and named it "Buckette" ! Godsdog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.