Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time I am reunited with my modest collection (by many standards) but there are some gems in the collection mainly due to my grandfather. This was the last gun, to my knowledge he ever bought, less than a month before I was born in “The Summer Love”.

It is as about a complete collection of documentation and original as you can get, the gun has never been fired, and is taken care of, in fact it gets a rub down tomorrow. Part of the documentation includes a newspaper article about the gun.

So I thought this group would appreciate some real American history.
Wheel Vehicle Working animal Art Collectable

Publication Font Wood Paper History

Wood Gas Font Automotive exterior Lock

Brown Wood Artifact Circle Font

Wood Font Art Rectangle Paper

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I don’t normally think of guns as non-shooters but that one sure qualifies.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You have to put that baby on Antiques Roadshow and then on Pawn Stars so you can tell them to stick their offer where the sun doesn’t shine.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Nice. Most Commemorative M94s I have seen have never been shot, and the values are highly dependent on the number made for that specific model. All Winchesters since the CT plant closing have really shot up in value also.

A couple of years ago, the USPS had a commemorative stamp of the Golden Spike Anniversary. I bought two or three books of them, used a bunch of them and mine are all gone. It might be nice to find a stamp to add to your collection of documents.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, I have been looking up the value and research its uniqueness. The only thing I can see is I have the news article about the gun from a Utah Newspaper, otherwise it seems "normal" from a collectors stand point.

One buddy told me, is it worth a lot, I said well...blah blah, then he goes use it, don't let it site in a safe.

My grandfather always kept the original paperwork with his guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts