Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check out the "Great Scott Shooter Supply" bench here on GGVG. I used them for years and it all you need.

·
Registered
693 Posts
the top looks to small for my taste

on top of my prairie dog bench - at any given moment - a rifle / rest / bag, ammo, range finder, water bottle, spare rifle, spare ammo, etc.

I made my own for well under $200 - it's a three legged dodecagon, 42" across the flat and sits high off the ground. I slathered it with paint, then covered it with I/O carpet. Works pretty good - but the stool needs some work. narrow foot print isn't near stable enough.

the top is a pair of 1/2" pieces of plywood - with 2 x 2 spacers / trusses keeping them apart. Like a 2" thick laminate. Lots of screws and glue - no flex... Keeps it light, but very sturdy. Legs are just capped iron pipe threaded into fittings from Home Depot.

-niv

·
Registered
247 Posts
Build your own bench

Here's what I build...24" wide x 36" long x 1 1/2" thick....uses 1.25" pipe legs...folding chair for seat....I have spare brackets (3) for legs FS...shown with 6BR & Weaver T16 on table..along with optional umbrella bracket....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
DogBuster makes a great Bench ....

Now all I have to do is find an Umbrella which I can attach and which will not blow over in those darn S.D. Winds . Anybody got any good ideas on how to do this ??? or.... maybe a quick up-and-down stand-alone Tarp arrangement ( I don't have a Truck .... just a Car ) ???

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
OK, I give up!! Why cant I post a photo here from photobucket, I have tried every conceiveable combination, I never have this problem over at RimfireCentral. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Booger bench

I built the John Ambrutis Booger bench. A piece of scrap subfloor ply and a set of legs from the hardware store. Total cost is under $40. The thing sets up in less than 10 seconds you just fold down the legs. I use an adjustable drum throne as my seat the same one I use for BR.

http://www.boogerbench.com/

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
no stinkin benches ! Is that a nice old 25-20 perchance ??? :confused:
It is Savage 23d, .22 Hornet. Back in the 1950's it was owned by a fellow who was a stockmaker at Weatherby, hence the checkeriing, ivory diamonds and grip cap. Weaver vintage 10X scope. Fun to shoot, shoots as well as my CZ 527 which is very well indeed. Old is good!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.