Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been invited to attend the SHOT Show with a friend . Has anyone been there before ? I am just wondering what to expect . Anyone else going this year ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yup, I'll be there

Third time for me. I guess there won't be much of a big GGVG meeting like last year.

Remember, it is NOT a gun show. You won't be buying anything. It is a trade show and most of the people are there for business. Sure, most of them will talk to you and be very friendly. But don't take it personnal if you get the brush off or are flat out ignored on occasions.

With that said, one day is not enough. I like to start by walking through and getting the big picture first. Then I go find specific people or companies I need to visit for work. Then I check out places I'm interested in personaly. Then after I've got most of my list taken care of I mow the rows. Up one, down the other for as much of the floor as possible keeping an eye out for items of interest for both work or personal. Wear good walking shoes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup I'll be there too,just cruising around for a least two days like Dale said.
And you can see it all from a pair of boot laces to a work of art firearm that costs as much as a beach front mansion.
Once you go you will want to go again. And I guess we can have a meeting if we can connect with cell phones.
Centerpunch
@ 660 631 2200
________
CL200

·
Registered
868 Posts
Be prepared to do a lot of walking and get one of those small roll around carts or a small wheeled suitcase to tote around all the literature and brochures you pick up. There will be exhibits in numerous buildings, all well worth seeing. The guide books they hand out will help you locate many exhibits without having to walk around searching. ps. Don't take a camera unless you have a pass allowing it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What are the dates and costs,I will be in FL next week,Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts