Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son-in-law stops over and gives me 3 shotguns, he says I know your into guns, would I clean them up, I can't say no. 2 are Rem 870's one is a Rem Sportsman 58, I started on the 58, filthy, filthy, filthy. Anyway, does anyone know anything about adjusting that gas knob on the end of the magazine tube? It was carboned up like crazy and I ended up turning it. thanks!

Turns out they weren't 870's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had 1 in the early 60's, I think they were only 2 settings, High Brass& low.. it was definately 23/4" only.. they had a reputation for splitting recievers on the port side.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is turning into something! I got the Rem 58 all cleaned up and put back together, talked to my son-in-law and he tells me this one belongs to his dad and it has never been cleaned and I believe it. Over 40yrs old and never cleaned!!

Second shot gun is a pump, a "New Haven" by Mossberg, never cleaned either. Took forever to get that barrel clean, but a simple shotgun.

Third one I'm at now is a "Springfield" pump made by Savage. This one is definetly different. Lots of cleaning ahead of me on this one.

You wouldn't believe the junk inside these recievers. I've never in my life seen guns so dirty. This is an experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts