Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a new press? What do the majority
of you people use?
I've been looking at a Redding boss, your thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks ahead of time:confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a new press? What do the majority
of you people use?
I've been looking at a Redding boss, your thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks ahead of time:confused:
I have a Redding Big Boss, and a Lee cast press, the Lee cast press is a better press, and cheaper as well.

Clint

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've been using a RCBS Rockchucker since 1974. I now load 17 different centerfires and 2-3000 rounds a year on it. It's not fast, but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
RE: "What do the majority of you people use?"

I would guess that more people use the RCBS RockChucker than any other single stage. They're sturdy as h*ll and work great, and RCBS' customer service is rivalled only by Dillon. HTH.

Sid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't know about the majority. I use two Rockchuckers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Forster Co-Ax

I have a Rockchucker that is about 20 years old and it is great. It's my brothers so I won't get rid of it , in case he starts to reload again. I have had it for 15 years, reloaded alot of rounds on it. All the tolerances seem to be nice and tight, very litttle slop anywhere. A couple years back I was given a RockChucker that I would say was maybe 5 years old, it was sloppy as could be. When I got it I started to reload with it and the loads that had shot great for along time in my rifles all of a sudden seemed to shoot like crap. It took awhile to figure things out, but when it came to my mind that maybe it was the press that made that much difference. I started comparing the old one verses the new one, the new one was very sloppy in the ram and handle. I went back to the old one problems went away. I ended up buying the Co-Ax press I would say that for the money it is the best press out there.
Blair
FWIW

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been reloading for about 40 years, started with an rcbs jr, now have that and 2 rock chuckers and a lyman turrent for the pistols. But if I were to buy a new press today it would be the forster co-ax press, no doubt about it. May buy one someday anyhow.
Barry

·
Registered
974 Posts
Rockchucker.

Thats got my vote.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Rcbs

I have two Rockchuckers and a Lyman Spar T and although I have no complaints about any of them, I would like to have a Co-ax. The three I have, have loaded thousands of rounds without a problem.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
36 Posts
RCBS Rockchucker for the last 17 years. Rcbs ? press for quite a few years before the rockchucker.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I almost forgot to add

I have Forster Bonanza Co-Ax, the Redding Big Boss, and the Lee classic cast, for the money the Lee press is way ahead of any of these, and just as far as build the co-ax has it's good points, but for an all around press the Lee is the better press... and at around $100 cheaper..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been using one for some time now.

Have had good luck with the Redding press and I have also used their customer service a few times and they are first rate. My only dislike with the press is the primer collection system which is a magnetic catch cup. It works ok but it really makes a mess when you knock it off, guess cause it only happens when its full, at least for me. I think they may be in the process of reworking the primer catcher. One other thing is to get the ball conversion for the handle, much more comfortable to use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts