Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. Hey fellas.. Have any of you guys tried a siren sound on your FoxPro for a locator.? If so, how did it work.?.. Freebie wav's can be had around the web.. Just curious..
Ex.
firetrucksiren.wav

>> Whatchyathink.? d:^) Jake

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Jake, Ive noticed that if you have the 'female invite' sound, you can spool that up in volume, and replay it every 15 seconds or so, and get a response.

Only tried it twice, but that worked both times.

Of course, at this time of year, it wont take much of a siren to get them interested ;)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hello John, Do you no where I can get that sound and download to my mp3,and how do you spool it to run in a sequence?
Or do you know where I can get a receptive( want to breed ) female sound?
Thanks
Mike F.

·
Registered
27 Posts
highly overrated

I have one on my foxpro 416 and one on my feedtruck both intended for calling cattle, I have NEVER had a dog or a coyote howl or react in anyway. If you were just trying to fill up slots or had a need for a siren I would put it on, but for calling I would stick with the coyote vocalizations first. Here again, I believe novices are overusing them and running coyotes out of the area.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Siren locator

I have a hand held megaphone type unit that has the siren on it and when I get ready to leave an area I torch that thing off for about 6 "sweeps or siren cycles. I get replys back in the area that I have just been! The last time I did it, I went right back to an area about 800 yards from where I was. Although I didn't get anybody to come in this set, I walked over to the brink of the hill I was expecting them to come from and saw one down there looking back at me about 350 yds away. They just wouldn't come to anything I was puttin' down! That coyote got board waiting for me to kneel down and get on my sticks and so on and walked off. Rats!
My next strategy for these guys is a megaphone that has an 1/8" input from my mp3 player. It'll take a cord, but I'm just not up to the FOXPRO good stuff yet. ...in time (money!)
I heard somebody had a full sized stuffed coyote teddy bear type stuffed animal in the sitting position and was using that for a decoy. I'd like to find same and mount that megaphone inside of it. Will let you guys know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.