Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skruske is in a limited reception area in the Wyoming mountains hunting Elk. They do not have one on the ground yet but he sent an update w photos.

Yesterday started off with rain mixed w snow at 8,000 ft. Elevation north of Kemmerer, Wyoming.

Commissary Ridge north of Kemmerer near 9,000 ft elevation. He's got those Flatlander Michigan legs going.
They saw 5 Bull Moose one at 40 yards, but I guess no tags.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I know he's having fun, and that's what counts. My wife's parents lived in Kemmerer for a couple of years in the mid 70's. He worked in the oil field and was in that area for about 10 years. Used to go visit them about every year. Enjoy yourself Skruske !!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Nice pictures! That slope with the Cedar trees growing on it just looks like it should have an Elk standing on it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Glad to hear he’s checking in. I think I actually see him in that first picture. If you zoom in and look real close, you can see a little bit of plaid showing through his Ghillie suit
93EDA0DD-3ABA-4EB3-A850-D421E29C8FBE.jpeg

·
Administrator
3,046 Posts
Hope it is a successful and safe trip for all involved. I hope we are given updates along the way.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a report last night that no Elk have been seen or at least shot. They have a young Moose hanging around them which Skruske may bring home as a house pet.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still drawing a Zero in Wyoming, but they are moving 12 miles away to hopefully a better area.
Come on guys....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts