Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not what you think. New recipe. Hot off the smoker. Need to let them cool then I'll taste. I used Italian deer sausage instead of burger with mozzarella cheese.

Smoked Sotgun Shells

They look good. Calls for 2 pieces of bacon. I used 1. Maybe needed the 2nd to keep the Shells soft? Edges are a lil crispy. And I precooked the Shells a few minutes to speed things up.

Food Recipe Ingredient Roasting Cuisine

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they're not bad. I kicked the Italian sausage up with red pepper flakes and used Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub on top. Little spicy but good. And definitely needed the 2nd piece of bacon, or thick cut bacon.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dang, those look REALLY good and sound even better!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Now we're cooking. How about chorizo with chopped jalapenos and a little cream cheese? Then the bacon and BBQ rub. Sauced toward the end. If our society continues into anarchy, I sure would like to hole up with this bunch, assuming we could bring our preps. I bet we'd eat good. Ha!

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
^^^^^ I'm thinking we would eat ourselves into oblivion. No worries at all in the global outcome . . . ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Kentucky Fisherman

·
Registered
531 Posts
Really enjoy eating these poppers. Use 1/2 a jalapeno, sharp cheddar cheese (not a fan of cream cheese), spicey Italian sausage and then wrapped with bacon. About an hour on the smoker and they are good to go. Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

1 - 14 of 14 Posts