Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Fine Chicken, Fine China, Ale8Shine a rita...
You da Cook G.
Move over Carpman n Charlie!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Congratulations, dude! Check chicken off the list and try ribs next. If you have a Kroger nearby they have some vacuum-packed baby back ribs in marinade that are surprisingly good, and they throw 'em on sale every so often. Here's your new theme song, George, if it wasn't already:

"I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run"

Carpman

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Hey, G, here's a pretty slick website run by a guy who pays for it by selling his rub and sauce recipes. You can visit the site and read the recipes without ever buying a thing, and you can also subscribe and get recipes once a week or so in your e-mail. Not that I'm suggesting his recipes aren't worth every penny, I'm sure they are.

Here's the URL:

https://www.smoking-meat.com/

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations, dude! Check chicken off the list and try ribs next. If you have a Kroger nearby they have some vacuum-packed baby back ribs in marinade that are surprisingly good, and they throw 'em on sale every so often. Here's your new theme song, George, if it wasn't already:

"I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run"

Carpman
nailed it ;):D

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, G, here's a pretty slick website run by a guy who pays for it by selling his rub and sauce recipes. You can visit the site and read the recipes without ever buying a thing, and you can also subscribe and get recipes once a week or so in your e-mail. Not that I'm suggesting his recipes aren't worth every penny, I'm sure they are.

Here's the URL:

https://www.smoking-meat.com/
cool:cool:

·
Administrator
11,794 Posts
U have a temp probe? Do it at 240° until internal temp is about 150°, pull it off, wrap in foil and a towel and hold in a small cooler for an hr or two to rest. Start early, give yourself time to let it rest. It will soak back up its own juices. Yummmm.

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
U have a temp probe? Do it at 240° until internal temp is about 150°, pull it off, wrap in foil and a towel and hold in a small cooler for an hr or two to rest. Start early, give yourself time to let it rest. It will soak back up its own juices. Yummmm.
will do !
yes right after the first smoke i got a digital-probe a must ive done seen that it's never about time but rater temperature.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

I use to really dislike ribs. I recently started cooking them in the sous vide for about 20 hours at 152° and keeping them in the fridge for a day or two before smoking. With my homemade spicy Apple bbq sauce we will eat almost a full rack for dinner now.

I have done a lot of tenderloins and back loins they don't have the fat content for a long slow cook, hot and fast pull it when it's in the 145° range let it hang out. You could try a bacon weave for some extra fat.

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
been in the brine since the post...i have some bacon lay a few pieces on them just for good measure besides the bacon that i wrapped around the burger the other day was the best ive ever ate !...thnk i might do just bacon some time !

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
chicken breast lemon pepper rub + sauce on one mine :D...3 hours at 240-250
hickory wood ...damn !
was expecting it to be dry but nooooooo ! :D
my first smoke was a success !
Dayam, George! Makes my mouth water!

But, do you live on a mountain side or something? How do you keep the chicken from slidin' off the grill...or your plate, for that matter!:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts