Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a big box week or 2 ago seen it was from QVC texted baby girl in DC ask if she had something sent here she said yes to leave it alone it was for when she came in in a week or so...ok used it for a table buy work bench:)....fast faward
she got in late last night so to today i was working out there she came out started opening the box...well hell ...a electric smoker for (early) fathers day:)
and the perfect size for me ! love my baby girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I don't have one of those nice automatic electrics, George, but I do my smoking in a standard-style "bullet smoker" with an electric element in the bottom and a water pan above it. Charlie can tell you more about the square ones than me, but I'll say right now that you can get absolutely as good a smoke from an electric as from charcoal, propane, or burning wood.

I wrap my wood chunks in aluminum foil, poke a few holes in it, and lay it right on the electric element. The foil lets the wood smolder without having enough oxygen to actually burn, which is what you want. After you've tried yours a few times, IM me and I'll share some tips with you. Charlie and I will have you cooking great Q in no time at all.

Say hello to Beth for me and tell her I hope she's doing well. She obviously loves her daddy.

Carpman

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I will be expecting some smoked hog the next time I'm up that way!
Thanks Beth!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Keep us posted George

My old wood smoker rusted out and I need a new one. I’ve considered an electric one just because they seem so convenient.

Maybe if I share this post with my kids they will take the hint.

Happy Fathers Day !

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Lucky hoss.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Kinda an "eatcherheart out" sly grin.

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
Just wrapping this post up. Here's one butt outta 7. Mighty fine stuff. I have the pulled pork perfected. Only bad part is pull is pulling 7 butts at a time is a pain in the ass...and back. Ready to stretch out in bed. They took 14 hours this time. For some reason they really stalled at 150° for several hours. Completely normal, but makes for a long day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts