Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any data for .25/06, using the Barnes 100 gr. TSX bullet. I've nosed around their website a bit, and found zipola..... A buddy has ordered some of those bullets and is looking for any specific data that might get him started safely... All we can find is to use X bullet data, and work up slowly (can't find X bullet data, either:mad: ) He wants to use H-4350 or Re-19, since those powders already work well for his other .25/06 needs. Thanks for any help you might render.........

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
let me know, too,,,,

I"ve been shooting 100 gr Ballistic Tips out of my .250SAI.I bought a box of the .25 100 Triple Shox, too. Gonna try em out this coming fall [2007] so I should have time to work up a load.
Wanting to know if the Triple Shox give more or less comparative pressure to other 100 gainers. As usual, will work up from 'below'.
Love the 25s!:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm using IMR-4350 with the 90 X for antelope and 115 TSX for deer and elk in the .25-06. Had great groups with them in a 10" twist by playing with seating depth. Groups in the 6's. Call Barnes and ask for data for whatever powder you're wanting to use and which caliber/bullet weight. They freely share the data they have. I also have bought some 100 grain TSX's and plan to start load testing them. I can't say enough good things about the Barnes TSX bullets. Again, call Barnes, they're very happy to help.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, fellas, that's the ballpark he was thinking of, in fact. I'll report back after we try them in his rifles, and maybe in mine, too. (I'm pretty happy with some Partitions I got for half-price awhile back, I think I got a barrel life's worth of them!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had very good luck (paper and deer) with IMR4831 and 100TSX. The flier that comes with the bullets says to use X data and 1-2grains over.

I haven't found any real printed data for the TSX bullets.

sab-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts