Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 questions for the board.

This past weekend did some calling at our deer lease in South Ga. the yotes were pack calling right at dark and would respond to my return (FoxPro) pack calls. But when we went out after them later, Nothing,nada.

These packs are getting large and we think they are following the wild pig packs hence not interested in food or fights. More than enough food for them and anyone else. At least 3 large packs of yotes active on the lease, or just beyond. ( When you find pig tracks, with little ones mixed in, you find LOTS of yote tracks over them)

Also took our 2 LARGE dogs with us and the Male was/is nutz since we got there. The female is spade but he's been trying to mate her. He spent a lot of time ,nose in the air and I was wonering IF, yote females come into heat at this time of year ,in South Ga? With the abundant food supply and mild weather, could they be double dropping pups??

Thanks in advance,

Rick B. and RedFoxy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hard to believe a Yote would not come to visit a Fox.:D

But then again.... she was surrounded by 3 mutts! Oh wait.... that was 2 mutts and a Wabbit!!!:p

Been noticing here that yotes are coming near houses where female yard dogs are in heat. Typical male sexual fantasties I guess.:eek:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Red and Rick, I would say ....yes....in your mild southern region, that it is likely they are paired up by now and breeding. And probably have been for three or four weeks, even though you have had some colder weather recently.

Calling will become tougher as they usually shift their priorities, and life becomes more important than food. ;) Mild weather, and abundant food sources only add to your challenge. I face that scenario every year here in the warmer valleys of California too.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hello Red, Sounds similar to my dilema here in S. KY, Yotes Breeding,Lots of dead cows to eat.( have a few feed lots close by ). Why dont you try a pig squeeler, they might come looking for a meal, Watch out for momma pig,this old FL cracker knows all about them.
Let us know how it goes. :)
Mike F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.