Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've went through that thread and removed all the nonsense posts and banned the users. Keep us posted if you notice any more of this.

Fergus

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
There are more.

·
Administrator
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
There are 4 new spammers in the reloading section. Please block them out.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
do you mind if we block the sales section from new users?

I could clear up the spam there. and we can install some spam prevention plugins in the forum if the mods want.

Lee

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I think there should be a certain limit set. Say 25 posts or 60 days on board until you can post anything for sale.

·
Administrator
11,614 Posts
do you mind if we block the sales section from new users?

I could clear up the spam there. and we can install some spam prevention plugins in the forum if the mods want.

Lee
we have MODS? Really? I thought it was just you administrators? I believe we SHOULD have MODS though. Would help...

just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I have been following and reporting spam. They have been knocking them down but they keep coming back with a different name.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
I have been following and reporting spam. They have been knocking them down but they keep coming back with a different name.
To help with this we've increased our scanner threshold and added some redundancies to work with it, locking out sections specifically can have some side effects so we will do that on Monday Morning so there's proper coverage to manage it.

Kyle

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to follow up the issue and see if there are still spammers? We have implemented some strategies to prevent spammers on the backend of the forum.

Best regards,

Edward

1 - 19 of 19 Posts