Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out after work tonight to a place I've wanted to call but have been waiting for the right time(read this is I've been to lazy too go) Well I went tonight pulled in and glassed see a coyote on the far side of the cow pasture but no way to set up. The noise from Hwy 61 would cover me but in plain sight.So I sat in the truck and watched him and he goes out of sight over a hill.MY CHANCE. Grab my gear 1. AR-15 with mag and Nosler 50gr balistic tips.2.FOXPRO FX 5 3. Shooting sticks and pad.4. My white top.
Got to a creek in the pasture trees on my side and wide open for 300yd on his side.Set the caller up wind about 40yds and set by a down tree. Select my call push the button and wait rifle on sticks pointed at the last place I saw him. Then as normal one comes from the other direction out of my field of fire.He stopped and looked north giving me a chance to adjust my sitcks 200yds. Wait he comes closer, a bark at 50yds he stops and looks SPLASH DRT. Called for 20 more mins but no go. Walked down to him nice coyote. In no out with the balisticTip. Pack up and drag out.

EricT

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No It's an Eagle Arms preban I've had for ever. SP-1, 1-12 twist barrel by FN. Swarovski 3-9x36 American Riflescope with a 4a crosshair. JP trigger and hammer. Shoots the 50 gr bullets pretty good.

Shot alota coyotes with that gun.
EricT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.