Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the April like weather it's been hard to get get the coyotes to play. Got lucky today with this male the Sako 243 did a number on him, 55gr BlitzKings.
EricT

·
Registered
877 Posts
Did you call it in?

Or were you road hunting. Saw one today coming home from church. Think I may call some this afternoon. What part of Iowa is that?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cutoff the coyote!

Well with the April like weather it's been hard to get get the coyotes to play. Got lucky today with this male the Sako 243 did a number on him, 55gr BlitzKings.
EricT
Not as bad as cutting off the body of a fish, which have resulted in payments to marriage counsellors, but still...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not called

Or were you road hunting. Saw one today coming home from church. Think I may call some this afternoon. What part of Iowa is that?
To my left is a barn and a corn field he was behind the barn in the corn field. A target of opportunity. About 200yds.Saw him while checking rat traps. SE Iowa.
EricT

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Good job on that "target of opportunity"...They can be the best kind, sometimes! Yeah, IA has yotes! IL is LOADED w/ them, and they had to cross over IA to get here! (There was a newpaper photo of a yote crossing the Mississippi River I-80 bridge a couple winters ago...That must be the 'secret route!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eric's yote

Way to go Eric. I'd take it called or "opportunity". This coming week down here around Burlington should be interesting. Ice, cold, wind - hmmm.
Swimmer

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be hard to hunt

That ice you got fri was a bummer,we were working at Kingston and it was cold and wet. Have to send some help to Springfield, Ill. on monday They got smoked with ice, big basket truck and a couple of linemen.
EricT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts