Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, guess who bagged the first deer of this year's season.... Little 5 year old red-headed granddaughter. She came running into the house last night bouncing off the walls. "I got ole crazy horns". Hard to see all of the rack in the pic, but there is 11 points and one busted off. She got a small buck and a doe last year, but she was really excited about this one.
Said she thought she was about ready to start guiding for Daddy's hunters....LOL.
Ole Papaw couldn't be prouder this week. Yes, for grandson's elk and granddaughter's deer, but also for having a son who takes time for his daughter and nephew. He and his wife are all about helping kids enjoy the outdoors and life-style we have out here.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll try to get a better picture of the rack today. There is another beam with points on his left side that goes straight back and doesn't show in this picture.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
I like it...
I'm sure you all are going to have "old crazy horn" put on the wall ain't ye ?
Smile says it all...LOVE it...

Donnie

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
That is Wonderful!!!
I an so glad you you and her parents. I have a little Grandaughter and hope to see her doing just that someday.

A huge commitment by her parents. The adjoining county has 52% of the children being raised by their Gandparents according to School figures.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I love it!
My first grand child is only 4 years behind. I better get going with the training.😊
What was she shooting? I see it is suppressed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's using a 223. Son fixed it up for her older sister (now 20 years old). I 'm trying to find a stock for my Rem 600 6.5 TCU to cut down for her. Thought I had till mid November (forgot about youth season). Guess I'll have the one on it cut down, and have a long time to find another....LOL.
She'll probably have her doe down before I can find a saw. I took her out yesterday evening to try for a doe and she missed her shot. She was devastated. I probably didn't help and when I told her that probably wouldn't be the last time in her life that she missed a shot.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Absolutely tremendous AND Priceless. Congrats and big Attaboys for the parents' time and desire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts