Varmint Hunters Forum banner

starting a new PCC build

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  s3gunner 
#1 ·
new jack receiver ...starting a 9mm carbine build part one .

#3 ·
Where you going to get Ammo??
Shane, you mentioned Centerfire Systems this morn. I was in their warehouse once....OMG. Cases n Crates of AKs, Pallets in racks of crates of Ammo.
Shoulda bought about 20G stuff then.
Coyote George showed me their add once and they had the short pistol AK on sale for some crazy low price. He Said: " you wanna make sum money, buy a Hunert of these things."
Remember that George?
Correct again.

#6 ·
Where you going to get Ammo??
Shane, you mentioned Centerfire Systems this morn. I was in their warehouse once....OMG. Cases n Crates of AKs, Pallets in racks of crates of Ammo.
Shoulda bought about 20G stuff then.
Coyote George showed me their add once and they had the short pistol AK on sale for some crazy low price. He Said: " you wanna make sum money, buy a Hunert of these things."
Remember that George?
Correct again.
yea buddy😁

#7 ·
I caught the PCC bug about 2 years ago. Fancy lower ya got there! Though I went with the Colt style mags since not only don't I own a glock, but the Colt mags are much easier to load. With a slight modification, I like them much better....But that's me. I'm thinking now of getting a CMMG radial delayed blowback for my next one.

Steven

#9 ·
I wanted to build a 9mm AR for years, but got discouraged with all the posts on AR-15 about difficulty getting the various parts to work together. I finally gave up on that wish, but a couple of years later I ran into a used RRA 9mm A-2 AR for a reasonable price at a local gun show. The guy bought it new, and then later went with a Beretta PCC because it didn't look so EBR as the RRA. It came with 5 RRA polymer mags, which I didn't like, and a Maglula loader. Then I bought 3 more steel ASC mags that work great. The issue to me was the RRA mags worked fine with 124gr ammo, but they were real tight loading with the 147gr ammo I prefer. The steel ASC/Colt mags work flawlessly with either ammo.

#11 ·
I was going to build one, when up at the LGS a guy came in wanting to sell a week old, 9mm KelTec with a 15 rd mag. Dealer wasnt interested, I followed him outside, bought it for $300, and a week later bought 4 ,25 rd mags from Centerfire systems, for $40 shipped. Never misses a beat, and very accurate out to 120yds, farthest I have ever shot it. Every one who shoots it loves it. I have a Glock 17 i have went thru, and can use the 25 rd mags in it also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.