Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of us have been to Pierre SD for the Jamboree and other things. I have been close, but never quite made it there. I need to know the name of the best restaurant in the city. Would like to give a gift certificate to a friend. Can anyone help me with a name?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Steakhouse

Rick, you can't go wrong if you give them a meal at the Cattlemen's Club. East of Pierre a few miles on Hiway 34. Been there forever and widely known for excellent steaks. Prices are more than reasonable. Phone is 605 945 2147 and email address is [email protected] Russ

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I was looking for, thanks a bunch,
Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rick,

I cannot add anything, except to tell you that Bubba gave you precisely the right information. Cattleman's Club is as good as it gets in Pierre.

The building is painted red and it is on the north side (away from the river) of Highway 34. You might tell your friend to kinda watch for it; I've driven past the driveway many times and had to turn around. Just look for a red building.

Steve

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve,
This guys lives in White River and buys his groceries in Pierre. I'm positive he's eaten there more than once.

Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rick,

For a change from Cattleman's, I always find the following pretty darned good. These restruants are side-by-side in downtown Pierre; about a half block form the old VHA Headquarters. Both are high-end, but I've always left thinking that it was an excellent meal and worth the price. Obviously, for a one-time shot, Cattleman's is the choice.

Mad Mary's Steakhouse
110 E. Dakota Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
(605)224-6469

La Minestra
106 E Dakota
Pierre, SD 57501
(605) 224-8090

Hope this helps,

Steve

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Rick You Have Been Given Good Advice

I know many of us have been to Pierre SD for the Jamboree and other things. I have been close, but never quite made it there. I need to know the name of the best restaurant in the city. Would like to give a gift certificate to a friend. Can anyone help me with a name?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
I called The Cattleman's Club in June of 06 and did exactly what you
are fixing to do for our host. I am sure he will be most appreciative.
The folks at the Cattlemans Club were also most cooperative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its always hard to place my value on a gift certificate for someone I want to treat.

What I do here, is give them a card that entitles them to the full meal, cocktails, dessert, wine, tips, whatever. I work a deal out with the restaurant that I will cover the entire bill, as long as there's only two people involved. Sometimes, it costs me $70, sometimes it costs me $170, but whatever it is, its always worth it to me and you dont have to worry if its enough. The landowner determines the value for me.

Sure, theres some risk of an expensive bottle of wine, or something else like that,, but theres only so much they can spend at a restaurantin one night, right?

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Hey, Rick, you want any straphangers?

Wonderful idea, Rick. If this is for our mutual host, I'd be more than happy to send a contribution. Heck, I'd have given you some cash Saturday if I'd known you had this in mind. Wait a minute, you finished third in that shoot, didn't you? If that's the case, then I DID give you some cash! :(

Seriously, you have my e-mail address and maybe my home phone as well. If you'd entertain some additional contributions, please let me know.

Mike

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Would like to give a gift certificate to a friend. Can anyone help me with a name?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
If that "friend" is who I'm thinking of, I would be happy to "chip in" on the certificate, if you would like...;)

P.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts