Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a pair of these. Anyone own these? Comments?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Depends on what you will use them for, a good friend of mine bought a pair to go elk hunting with 2 years ago. He traded them off as soon as we got back. You couldn't see racks well enough at longer distanses. The 10x might work.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's my understanding that Steiner is referred to as "the German Tasco". With that being said, Tasco used to make some pretty decent scopes for the money...so that could go either way.

I've looked through some of their glass and wasn't impressed. I think for the money you could do very well with some Nikon or Minox glass. You could also spend more and jump into some Kahles glass or even some Leica's.

Where are you looking to buy from? I ask because SWFA usually has some pretty decent deals on their Sample List.

Whatever you do, buy what looks best to YOUR eyes...

Steve

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Look at the Brunton line as well. They have some 8x eternas at the National Elk Refuge that I have looked through and they seem to have really good resolution. They seem kind of heavy, but its hard to tell with that big piece of antitheft cable hanging from them. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts