Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
36° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 54°. It will be a nice sunny day with a light breeze and no rain or snow.

Yesterday was decent day weather wise, in the morning I went up to the gun club with a new member to show him around some. The rest of the day was spent here at home working on computers. I got a laptop that I have to finish up sometime today so the customer can pick it up tomorrow.. My wife and I are going to spend our Easter Day here at home this year having a nice meal and taking life easy.

Have a Wonderful Easter Everyone.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Good Easter Sunday morning 45 going to near 70 with lots of sunshine. Well I'm going to roll off the cover of the onions and lettuce that was out in the freezing nights we've had to see if they survived. Not much else will be going on except the pellet grill making a chicken dance. Prayers to all and may the Joy of the risen Lord surround the world. Mike

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 45 and increasing cloud cover. High of 77. We are having sunrise services outside this morning. I have sound board duty so it's a long morning. Another service at 3pm in Spanish. Prayer group at 5pm.
I am still trying to wakeup, so hopefully everyone will have a blessed resurrection day, the fulfillment of God's promise from the beginning of creation.

Ken

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good morning from WV and Happy Easter to all, it's 33* and clear, temps into the 60's today. I have Glade duty today, the golfers are back, that's a good thing, the resort had a hard time last year when the china virus hit. I better get my butt moving, have a Wonderful Easter, God Bless.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Happy Easter, board buddies, 27 to start here in the hills of CT. Beautiful sunrise to start things off, temps are headed to near 50 for us. Not much planned other than getting the Easter dinner ham in the oven for Mom and will have dinner there today. No real work will get done on this special day, just rest and family fellowship.
Hope you all have a great day.
Ken

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Easter Sunday and somebody rolled back the rock already.
It’s a rather balmy 37 degrees rat now. Big ham dinner at our place today and the whole fan dammillie will be here with the kids. It will be near 60 degrees so we’ll spend some time basking.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
HE HAS RISEN! HAPPY EASTER!
morning all. 33 here with low 70s today, then wind thru the next week. But was a nice day yesterday.
Only one calf born yesterday that I know of. They have sure slowed down.
All the discs are back on the gangs, now to get them back on the machine, will be a all day job... tomorrow.
Off to check cows, and watch the sun come up while listening to Easter music and spending time with God and in prayer. Gwyn is going with this morning, then we'll head off to church for resurrection morning service.
Hope to take it easy this afternoon, back and neck hurting this morning.
Have a wonderful, blessed day. Give God all the praise and thanks for all we have and are. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Not sure of the temperature but it was 46 when I went outside this morning. I will be standing guard today, preparing for the gates to be stormed when the insurrectionists show up. We are having Easter dinner for my wife’s family. It is always a good day when we can all get together and it looks like the weather will cooperate so we will be spending a lot of time outdoors.
Gonna play hooky from work tomorrow and see if I can find some fish. My son has the day off so I’m not sure where our adventures will take us. Haven’t fired a shot in a couple weeks so we might do a little plinking.
Wishing everyone a good day. Take time to be thankful.

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Happy Easter morning folks. It's cloudy but 40 degrees here and supposed to reach 60s later. Hopefully spring is back to stay this time. Gonna be a nice day for an egg hunt for the kids. We'll all get together at my cousin's house today about 2 pm. Should be fun. I'm going to get the last of the wood split and stacked this morning though, but first I'm going to have my coffee.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Good morning everyone and happy Easter. I got jack mount done and bolted on yesterday and will put the jack on later.
Last night we all piled in the Coronet to go to the cruise and a buddy of mine drove his Satellite up there.

We decided to come home to grab some more jackets and go eat and turned on our street and it was filled with police and firetrucks right in front of our house. We could barely get a view down there but finally seen it was the neighbors house that burnt down while we was gone. They were all out but lost a dog and a cat. Total loss and they didn't have it insured. My wife found some jackets and sweatshirts for some of them.

Hope to get a few things done today here and there.

Everyone have a good day!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Well, that’s a bummer for the neighbor. Without insurance they’ll take a long time recovering, if ever. In 53 years I’ve never had an home insurance claim and I hope we never have one.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Still, sunny and 37 for now & 65+ later here near HalfwayUSA.

DD & I worked out tails off yesterday. I helped out inside with cleaning until she started her baking. I then went to the barn & cleaned up the mess left from cutting up the lumber the other day. Made some wind streamers for the range that have been waiting for a while.

Guests will be arriving about 1pm. Deb's dad will likely be here an hour early as usual.

It appears I am going to be receiving a Jet commercial table saw from old uncle. That heavy unit is not getting moved to Arkansas. I will certainly make room for that in my barn.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 33 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Bones are still ache'in but not as bad as they were. Got to smell
some.smoke yesterday, cousin wanted me to come over and shoot
some. He put a scope on a 17 hmr CZ and that thing will shoot.
Guess we'll all rest today except for hiding eggs for the little
Monster...lol You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

HE is Risen !!!

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
He is risen indeed! Happy Easter, GoGo. It's 42 in Louisville, sunny, and going to 73. Normally we'd have been at church hours ago for a sunrise service, but not this year. We will have a parking lot service this morning at 11, though. It'll be good to see the church assembled. We did have a Maundy Thursday service the other evening, but it was cold and breezy, so the turnout was slim.

Spent about an hour at church yesterday morning getting a few things ready for today. Then late yesterday afternoon we went to Cindy's mom's for dinner and a little Rook playing. First time we'd played cards in ages. Played two games and Cindy and I waxxed her mom and sister in both.

Y'all have a good day and thank God for raising His son.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Morning all, 38 headed to 62 or so they say. This is the greatest morning known to mankind, Jesus is risen, and hope established for all of mankind, who wants it. Had a rough day yesterday, but doing better this morning. Had a couple of younguns down yesterday, lining up there rifles and letting them shoot some of mine, great time was had by all. Got to get moving, you all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, God bless the USA, Buff out.

·
Administrator
1,813 Posts
Praise the Lord, He has Risen!
54 on the way to 78 this beautiful Easter Morning, here in the northern Ozarks. Have one of our granddaughters and her family coming to spend the day and her two monsters are a real handful of trouble. Jaxson is 3 and Indy is 2 and that spells trouble in a big way.
Not much else going on today, watching over the kids and staying out of the way of the wifey as she gets things done. Prayers for all those in need and this troubled country. God Bless

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
59º on the way to low 70's with lots of sunshine in the hollow. Yesterday was a rough one running a match, trying to shoot and struggling with hay fever. When I got home last night I was even too tired to eat. Somewhat better this morning and have unloaded everything from the match. Nothing major planned for the day. Will get the rifle cleaned and probably cut part of the grass. Will probably try to get in a nap.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Mid-day check-in. Went to the river to see if the white bass were running but they didn’t show up. Mike it has been decades since I’ve played Rook. Forgot all about that one. It was a wintertime favorite for us kids, parents, and grandparents back in the day.
Rick, I don’t think I’ve ever been too tired to eat. Hope you can catch up on some rest today.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Beautiful Easter Day and a great sermon this morning. Two of us deacons got into a discussion as he was up front asking for announcements and prayer requests. This usually takes about 4-5 minutes just before preacher takes over. Anyway he quotes some scripture from Luke and he and I got into discussion about what he quoted. He make a few comments and I told him he quit too early to be sure and read the next few verses from where he quit. Pastor gets up and tells us both to sit down and be quiet. the congregation cracked up. He informed us we had already covered 3/4 of his sermon....LOL

Prayers for our Country and all y’all

Reactions: 45TAJ
1 - 20 of 20 Posts