Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,916 Posts
Your wife is stranded because of 3" of snow? And the "big hills" she has to maneuver are downhill? Hmmph! I detect a definite lack of training on your part, Carl.
Actually, I think she was “stranded” because she and her sister were working on a project that took longer than expected. She ended up coming home before they plowed the roads anyway. i suppose she just can’t bear being away from me that long 😂🤣.

· Registered
2,232 Posts
I’m back….
I made it home Friday evening, but was just too wore out to even get on till today. I had a great time and son took good care of me 😵‍💫
Met a cousin Tuesday evening for supper. German restaurant called Haufbrahaus in Vegas. We must like it aa this is 4th year we’ve eaten there. 8 of us and we had a great time. DIL went too as wifey had volunteered to keep Josie while we were gone:
I didn’t get to cover half of the show, but managed to find a Manners stock for my 6 creed and a new set of Swarovski binoculars (10x42 NL) new ones they are just introducing. That’s what I went to look for a got it accomplished.
Son And Chad got 4 more stocks and probably lots
more goodies. Had a great time and we met up with another cousin from Florida (Punta Gorda) for supper Wednesday night.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

· Registered
3,641 Posts
Didn't make it in at all yesterday and late today. Upper 40s with misting rain and gloom. Left home yesterday morning at 4:30, drove to Hoover AL, shot two 100 yd UBR matches and drove back home. Around 400 miles round trip and almost went to sleep in traffic about 20 miles south of home. Something is badly wrong with this rifle/barrel. I could have shot batter with a worn out Savage. By the time I figure it out the barrel will be worn out. But I WILL figure it out. Went to Dry Branch this morning and did an orientation before shooting is allowed at noon. Shot a 222 Rem Mag AI and a Savage J 222 Rem Mag. Both would shoot a group that could be covered with a nickel or maybe a dime. Way good enough for pasture poodles. Back home now and about to make dinner for a daughter and family.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

· Registered
1,543 Posts
It is hard to tell but it appears to be a Wagner. They are sought after by collectors.

I like messing with cast iron skillets. I stripped a new Lodge one this year and sanded down the cooking surface and reseasoned it. Lodge has a YouTube vid on their plant. I had no idea they were that big. There are so many seasoning how to vids out there. I thought it was interesting that Lodge says just do it. The only advantage to flax is it carbons at a lower temp and saves them on energy costs. A couple of sessions upside down on the BBQ after cooking on it and it was good to go. My mom used cast iron to cook on when all we had was a wood stove in my preschool years. I think that is why I like them so much. Looks like a fun project Scott. I think that skillet is a window into the house condition you had to deal with. My hat is off to you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts